Desktop Systems Engineer
As a member of Shared Technology Services, you will play a key role in the delivery of high quality support to both the business and the customer, whilst delivering exceptional customer focused service and satisfaction through a personalized experience.
This high profile role will provide the customer interface between the Technology department and the business. The Support Analyst will be focused on delivering a delightful customer experience to News Corp staff through the support of their End User Computing needs.
The role will provide coverage for the 'walk-in' service where News Corp staff can collect their technology devices, receive training and effective troubleshooting on the use of hardware and software and obtain a professional support experience.
The Support Analyst will liaise with the appropriate product vendors, arranging demonstrations to showcase new client technology innovations to the business and members of staff as required
The Support Analyst will provide 'how to' presentations to ensure staff gain the most out of existing technology and are aware of the features of new technology provided. The 'TechBar' will offer a drop in service enabling staff to view cutting edge consumer and business technology and learn how this can be used to improve working practices and workflows.
The role will work closely with the Quickcomm and AT&T Account team to ensure News Corp achieves the best value from the contract. To also ensure that all appropriate SLA's & OLA's are achieved and exceeded wherever possible.
The TechBar team will arrange workshops and user guides as required for new technologies introduced into the business.
The Support Analyst will also work closely with other key technology vendors including Samsung, Apple, and Lenovo to ensure the team are kept up-to-date on the latest product innovations and roadmaps.
Accountabilities & Responsibilities:
- Be the Technology interface at the 'walk-in' service known as the Tech Bar.
- Work closely with third party vendors and the IT Manager to provide an excellent customer experience.
- Ensure technology supports meets the customer requirements as defined in the Service Level Agreements.
- Play a major role in the adoption and promotion of new technology.
- Responsible for ensuring close working relationships are established and maintained with peers in Technology Services and Technology Solutions as required.
- Record and where possible, resolve customer queries using various diagnostic tools and interpersonal skills.
- Record, and where possible, fulfil service requests.
- Own and progress incidents and requests with other Technology teams, on the customer's behalf.
- Responsible for the maintenance of the CMDB
- Provide support for internal AV hardware and assist with meeting setups as and when required
- Work with Service Providers to test proposed Technology for use within News Corp.
Skills, Knowledge & Experience:
- An excellent telephone manner is required together with the ability to handle challenging support situations with a calm and methodical approach.
- Excellent communication and organisational skills
- Experience in training and demonstrating to others.
- 2 nd line support experience with Microsoft applications.
- 2 nd line support experience with Apple applications and devices.
- Experience supporting Android platform advantageous
- Experience working with Active Directory, Google Mail, MS Office, Windows and Mac environments.
- Good interpersonal skills for written, oral and face to face communications, both within Technology and the business.
Must be willing to work unsociable hours on occasion and be prepared to travel between locations as needed.
Dow Jones is a global provider of news and business information, delivering content to consumers and organizations around the world across multiple formats, including print, digital, mobile and live events. Dow Jones has produced unrivaled quality content for more than 125 years and today has one of the world's largest news gathering operations globally. It produces leading publications and products including the flagship Wall Street Journal, America's largest newspaper by paid circulation; Factiva, Barron's, MarketWatch, Financial News, DJX, Dow Jones Risk & Compliance, Dow Jones Newswires, and Dow Jones VentureSource.Dow Jones is a division of News Corp (NASDAQ: NWS, NWSA; ASX: NWS, NWSLV).
Equal Opportunity Employer:
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status. EEO/AA/M/F/Disabled/Vets
Requisition ID 2017-29883
Job Locations USA-NY-NEW YORK
Job Function ..
Business Area TECHNOLOGY - ENTERPRISE
Job Area1 Technology
Job Area2 ..
Meet Some of Dow Jones's Employees
News Editor, WSJ
Geoff manages the Money Investing Section of the WSJ, coordinating visual, graphical, and copy content published in print and online to present readers with the best finance market stories.
Back to top