Deskside Support Analyst
Deskside Support Analyst - Barcelona
Where is it based?
- Experienced in working with end user computing solutions?
- Do you have a can do attitude with a focus on getting the job done?
- Do you have experience of providing support, maintenance and operation of Information Technology systems across multiple sites/offices
Who is my manager?
Desktop Service Team Leader
Who are we?
Synonymous with accuracy, integrity and trust, Dow Jones & Company is one of the most respected brands in providing news and business information world-wide.
What is the role?
Based in our Barcelona office, the role of Deskside Support Analyst is to be responsible for providing exceptional technical assistance, customer service and support to Barcelona based employees as well as EMEA based staff.
What is my personal contribution?
- Work closely with current on-site support staff in solving day to day desktop support related problems.
- Support the integration of new technologies into the operation.
- Provide technical assistance, guidance, and training to technical staff and customers.
- Maintain corporate technology and publication quality standards.
- Implements high availability platforms and business resumption planning architectures.
- Acts as a liaison for vendors during installation, rearrangement and/or removal of equipment.
- Performs system software, application, and hardware upgrades.
- Develop and maintain documentation needed by support staff, including troubleshooting steps, installation instructions, new tools overviews, and contact lists.
- Assists in problem investigation, analysis, and evaluation to determine solution.
- Provides hardware and systems software support, including ancillary software products.
- Directs trouble resolution activities, coordinating with technical staff, vendors, and carriers.
- Works proactively to ensure high performance, high reliability, and rapid trouble resolution of the network(s) including hardware and software.
- Notifies management and customers of network/systems troubles through a tiered notification and escalation process.
- Supplies telephone support to corporate technical staff when necessary.
- Install and modify supported systems.
- Works with vendors to resolve replacement or modification issues.
- Performs routine systems maintenance, such as backups and disk maintenance.
- Maintains hardware and software configuration documentation.
- Works with technical staff and vendors in diagnosing and correcting hardware problems.
- Provides 2nd level desktop support including problem resolution for software applications, PC hardware and full range of peripheral related problems.
- Records and logs all details related to support calls dispatched by call tracking system.
- Performs initial installation of new PC's.
- Coordinates the evaluation of 3rd party software products.
- Coordinates pre-beta testing of new applications.
- Provides telephone/remote support to remote users who experience software or hardware problems.
- Develops and maintains technical documentation across all regions
- Is reachable out of hours in case of an emergency, if required
What do you need from me?
- At least 5 years previous experience within a system support role and function
- Strong attention to detail with a proactive and problem solving approach
- Experience of working in a real time environment and providing remote support
- Previous experience of working in multiple locations
- Strong communication and Interpersonal skills.
- Excellent attention to detail and time management.
- Problem solving, troubleshooting and analytical skills.
- In-depth knowledge of developing and maintaining technical documentation.
- Proactive approach with a focus on service delivery and going that extra mile is essential
- You must also be prepared to work on different sites in and around EMEA and be available to travel last minute if required
- Previous experience working with IP telephony
- In-depth knowledge of Google/Outlook mail environments
What we offer?
In return, we offer a professional, progressive and multicultural environment for you to grow both personally as well as a wide range of benefits offered by a global company.
How do you apply?
If you feel that this position matches your skills, experience and motivation then please submit your CV which must state your salary expectations to be considered.
Please note only candidates requested for interview will be contacted
Dow Jones , Making Careers Newsworthy
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status. EEO/AA/M/F/Disabled/Vets .
Dow Jones is committed to providing reasonable accommodation for qualified individuals with disabilities, in our job application and/or interview process. If you need assistance or accommodation in completing your application, due to a disability, please reach out to us at TalentResourceTeam@dowjones.com . Please put "Reasonable Accommodation" in the subject line.
Business Area: TECHNOLOGY - ENTERPRISE
Job Category: Technology Group
Dow Jones is a global provider of news and business information, delivering content to consumers and organizations around the world across multiple formats, including print, digital, mobile and live events. Dow Jones has produced unrivaled quality content for more than 125 years and today has one of the world's largest news gathering operations globally. It produces leading publications and products including the flagship Wall Street Journal, America's largest newspaper by paid circulation; Factiva, Barron's, MarketWatch, Financial News, DJX, Dow Jones Risk & Compliance, Dow Jones Newswires, and Dow Jones VentureSource.Dow Jones is a division of News Corp (NASDAQ: NWS, NWSA; ASX: NWS, NWSLV).
If you are a current employee at Dow Jones, do not apply here. Please go to the Career section on your Workday homepage and view "Find Jobs - Dow Jones." Thank you.
Req ID: 14319
Back to top