Design Tech Lead (VR) - Dow Jones & WSJ
- Develop and create immersive experiences in interactive environments, across all Dow Jones products, to include markets data, professional information, breaking news and features.
- Work closely with sales, marketing, interactive media and custom content to support meetings with prospects and clients. Ability to run virtual tours and explain strategy to diverse audiences. Good presentation and product demo skills required.
- Optimize 3D models (baking, mesh optimization, LODs) for viewing in VR.
- Manages, organizes and creates code and related databases in a secure and well-documented manner utilizing our GitHub procedures.
- Deep understanding of current and future technologies and opportunities
- A passion for digital media, especially mobile.
- Collaborates with a global team of assorted technology design professionals to deliver best-in-class products.
- Ability to work independently.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE:
- BA/BS degree or equivalent experience
- 3+ years of unity and C# programming. Sample work of games/experiences created entirely in unity with no more than two collaborators.
- Experience packaging projects for delivery for Windows, Daydream and Samsung Gear.
- Experience with Git and other developmental workflow
- 3D modeling software experience (for asset import and export)
- Basic to intermediate knowledge of 3D Studio Max
- Basic to intermediate knowledge of SketchUp
- Basic to intermediate knowledge of Iray, Mental Ray and Vray rendering engines and shaders.
- Basic to intermediate Adobe Creative Cloud (Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign, After Effects, Premiere Pro) understanding
- Revit and Rhino experience are a plus.
- Some server experience for multiplayer experiences as well as light understanding of 3D model software for asset management required (3DS Max and other Autodesk software)
- Ability to think outside the box for unique VR interactions.
- Excellent communication skills
- Occasional travel may be required.
Dow Jones is a global provider of news and business information, delivering content to consumers and organizations around the world across multiple formats, including print, digital, mobile and live events. Dow Jones has produced unrivaled quality content for more than 125 years and today has one of the world’s largest news gathering operations globally. It produces leading publications and products including the flagship Wall Street Journal, America’s largest newspaper by paid circulation; Factiva, Barron’s, MarketWatch, Financial News, DJX, Dow Jones Risk & Compliance, Dow Jones Newswires, and Dow Jones VentureSource.
Equal Opportunity Employer:
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status. EEO/AA/M/F/Disabled/Vets
Requisition ID 2016-28730
Job Locations USA – NY-NEW YORK
Job Function Design Technology
Business Area INNOVATION
Job Area1 Technology
Job Area2 Mobile Development
Back to top