Deputy Editor, DJMG
Job responsibilities include but aren't necessarily limited to:
○ Manages operations and daily flow of stories, coordinates with MarketWatch/Dow Jones Media Group editors.
○ Helps assign stories, guides reporters, final reads stories before publication.
○ Helps manage editorial calendar. Runs live blogs of key events.
○ Writes at least 3 posts per week on breaking news and high-profile events.
○ Assists with performance reviews and career development of reporters. Coaches reporters on immediate stories and long-lead features.
○ Assists Editor in Chief with business development of the site and securing key partnerships,both within Dow Jones and externally.
○ On occasion when warranted, attends select conferences or events and writes series of news posts.
Dow Jones is a global provider of news and business information, delivering content to consumers and organizations around the world across multiple formats, including print, digital, mobile and live events. Dow Jones has produced unrivaled quality content for more than 125 years and today has one of the world's largest news gathering operations globally. It produces leading publications and products including the flagship Wall Street Journal, America's largest newspaper by paid circulation; Factiva, Barron's, MarketWatch, Financial News, DJX, Dow Jones Risk & Compliance, Dow Jones Newswires, and Dow Jones VentureSource.Dow Jones is a division of News Corp (NASDAQ: NWS, NWSA; ASX: NWS, NWSLV).
Equal Opportunity Employer:
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status. EEO/AA/M/F/Disabled/Vets
Requisition ID 2017-30231
Job Locations USA-NY-NEW YORK
Job Function News/Editorial
Business Area BARRON'S
Job Area1 News
Job Area2 ..
Meet Some of Dow Jones's Employees
News Editor, WSJ
Geoff manages the Money Investing Section of the WSJ, coordinating visual, graphical, and copy content published in print and online to present readers with the best finance market stories.
Back to top