Data Strategy Rotation Associate
Data Strategy Internal Rotation Program
When you became part of Dow Jones’s Data Strategy, you joined a dynamic, creative and savvy team. Now, three (3) successful candidate have the opportunity to expand the breadth and depth of their knowledge of Data Strategy and Dow Jones.
Job Description (locations: Barcelona, Princeton and Singapore)
The successful internal applicants will partner with Dow Jones colleagues across the globe to gain a broad understanding of Data Strategy operations. Depending on location, (s)he will explore many of Data Strategy’s business units: Companies, Content, Content Licensing, Due Diligence, Operations and People.
The rotation program will start on 1 September 2017. There are 3 distinct programs. Each will run for 6 consecutive months.
- The Barcelona-based curriculum will include Companies & People, Content and Due Diligence.
- In the Princeton hub, the successful candidate will journey through Content & Content Licensing, Due Diligence and Market Data (Operations), along with experiences in Product and Customer Experience.
- In Singapore the program will cover Companies, Content & Content Licensing, Due Diligence and People.
Applicants may only apply for one (1) program. Regardless of which hub the successful candidate follows, experienced colleagues will host a robust, hands-on training program that will ensure the applicant is well-positioned for success.
Primary responsibilities will include understanding workflows and processes specific to the program. Candidates will be expected to make recommendations on potential process and content enhancements. The successful candidate from each hub will work together on knowledge sharing and a FY18 Data Strategy-wide initiative (not yet defined). To foster the exchange of data and ideas, the candidates will spend 1 week in each hub during the rotation program.
The successful applicants will also partake in a corporate-wide project L&D classes that will support the candidates throughout the six month program.
This is an excellent opportunity for someone looking to broaden their knowledge of Data Strategy and Dow Jones, including learning about new content sets and processes. At the end of the program, the candidates will return to their current role.
- Applicants must be a current member of Data Strategy with at least 12 months of experience in the department.
- Applicants must have at least met all performance goals and exhibited DJ attributes.
- Knowledge of financial services, PRCC, compliance and/or corporate information services businesses useful.
- Strong analytic skills, along with ability to manipulate and present larger data sets, useful.
- Solid understanding of content and data: how to organize it, how to gather insights from it and how to visualize it.
- Language skills, in addition to fluent spoken and written English, are a plus.
- Select one program stream.
- Cover letter including details on why you applied for the particular program stream.
- In 400 words reply to one of the following questions:
- *What does research mean to you and why does it play such an important role to Dow Jones as an organization?
- *How do you see research and content changing in the next 5 years?
Application Deadline : 26 February 2017
Dow Jones is a global provider of news and business information, delivering content to consumers and organizations around the world across multiple formats, including print, digital, mobile and live events. Dow Jones has produced unrivaled quality content for more than 130 years and today has one of the world’s largest newsgathering operations globally. It produces leading publications and products including the flagship Wall Street Journal, America’s largest newspaper by paid circulation; Factiva, Barron’s, MarketWatch, Financial News, DJX, Dow Jones Risk & Compliance, Dow Jones Newswires, and Dow Jones VentureSource. Dow Jones is a division of News Corp (NASDAQ: NWS, NWSA; ASX: NWS, NWSLV).
Equal Opportunity Employer:
Dow Jones , Making Careers Newsworthy
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status. EEO/AA/M/F/Disabled/Vets
Requisition ID 2016-29128
Job Locations USA – NJ-PRINCETON
ESP – BARCELONA
SGP – SINGAPORE
Job Function Data/Content
Business Area DATA STRATEGY
Job Area1 Research & Data Science
Job Area2 ..
Meet Some of Dow Jones's Employees
Subscriber Services Manager
Sendi works in Subscription Department at Dow Jones, dealing with fraudulent complaints and providing customer service support for WSJ, WSJ+, Barron's, and its affiliated sub-agencies.
Back to top