Data Integrity Analyst
DATA INTEGRITY ANALYST
The Data Integrity Analyst is an associate level opportunity on the Market Data team within Data Strategy. The Market Data team manages financial markets data quality and delivery to all Dow Jones products. The Data Integrity Analyst’s primary responsibility will be to research, monitor, and update, if necessary, data originating from exchange or OTC (over-the-counter) feeds using proprietary tools and web-based resources. The analyst will also take part in special projects and quality reporting tasks.
Under supervision, the Data Integrity Analyst will:
- Oversee the acquisition and maintenance of global financial data from multiple sources and stored in proprietary databases
- Ensure the data has been received in the proper format at the appropriate time, is correct, and is suitable for publication
- Use existing data integrity tools and/or create new proactive solutions to identify erroneous data points
- Troubleshoot and resolve quality issues with sourced, processed and/or consolidated data, irrespective of cause
- Provide timely and complete resolution of ad-hoc internal and external data queries
- Perform testing of new or enhanced system functionality
- Support training of future members of staff
- Other special projects as required
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience
- Ideal candidate will have 0-4 years experience in field
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Attention to detail
- Ability to meet tight deadlines
- Understanding of machinations of global financial markets
- Intermediate proficiency in Microsoft Excel; ability to write and utilize basic functions and macros.
- Knowledge of SQL and VBA preferred
About Dow Jones
Dow Jones is a global provider of news and business information, delivering content to consumers and organizations around the world across multiple formats, including print, digital, mobile and live events. Dow Jones has produced unrivaled quality content for more than 130 years and today has one of the world’s largest newsgathering operations globally. It produces leading publications and products including the flagship Wall Street Journal, America’s largest newspaper by paid circulation; Factiva, Barron’s, MarketWatch, Financial News, DJX, Dow Jones Risk & Compliance, Dow Jones Newswires, and Dow Jones VentureSource.Dow Jones is a division of News Corp (NASDAQ: NWS, NWSA; ASX: NWS, NWSLV).
Equal Opportunity Employer:
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status. EEO/AA/M/F/Disabled/Vets
Requisition ID 2016-29057
Job Locations USA – NJ-PRINCETON
Job Function Data/Content
Business Area DATA STRATEGY
Job Area1 Professional Information Business
Job Area2 ..
Meet Some of Dow Jones's Employees
Subscriber Services Manager
Sendi works in Subscription Department at Dow Jones, dealing with fraudulent complaints and providing customer service support for WSJ, WSJ+, Barron's, and its affiliated sub-agencies.
Back to top