Customer Support Manager - Customer Value
Customer Experience Department
The Customer Experience Department works within the Customer Group supporting our Consumer and PIB businesses to deliver a best-in- class customer experience. The 3 main pillars of customer experience support nearly every facet of Dow Jones globally providing campaign analytics, quality assurance, experience design and much more. They are based out of three main locations (Princeton, NJ; Barcelona, Spain; and Hong Kong).
Customer Service Team
This team provides 1st through 3rd level support for global customer contacts providing 24/7 coverage for clients of our consumer and PIB products. Included with the service team is the contact center operations which is responsible for Training, Quality Management, Service Performance reporting, Service Design and the Systems that support the Customer Service team.
Based in: Princeton, NJ
Reports to: Head of Consumer Customer Services
● Oversee Global Sales and Retention for both internal and outsourced efforts to achieve daily/weekly retention goals and maximize bonus incentives and customer retention
● To support the Head of Consumer Customers Services in ensuring that the outsource partner is achieving KPIs and SLAs
● Work closely with the Customer Service Managers in the delivery of their day-to- day responsibilities and deputize for them in their absence
● Work with internal and outsourcer customer service managers to deliver staff development plans and provide daily, ongoing support to teams member to provide positive customer experience with each contact
● To work with the Continuous Improvement team to ensure that the internal and external
customer services teams are performing to the highest level through monitoring and training
● To ensure the outsource team is achieving the compliance targets through effective training and briefings
● To ensure customer retention queries via all channels, i.e., post, telephone, email, live chat, social media are resolved efficiently and within agreed timeframes.
● To report on the performance of the team to management
● To be proactive in identifying and resolving any problems with the first line agents and developing remediation plans
● Work collaboratively with a variety of internal stakeholders, including marketing, technology, finance and editorial
● Work with external third parties (along with the Outsourced Contact Centre Manager) to resolve any issues
● Encourage collaboration and gain the trust and support of others, actively engaging with people in other teams and departments to solicit their input and ensure their awareness of keyprojects/initiatives
● 7+ years experience in working with sales/retention teams in a large call center environment
● 5+ years management experience
● Proven track record in coaching, mentoring and motivating individuals to deliver on inbound and/or outbound sales/retention goals
● Experience in delivering on-going training in high-paced environment
● Strong Analytical Skills
● Proven leadership skills
● Ability to deal with high level complaints
● Ability to independently prioritize work and the overall tasks of the team
● Excellent written and verbal English communication skills
● Experience using MS Word, Excel, Google and Salesforce service cloud an advantage
● Basic technical knowledge of and competence in websites, smartphones and tablets
● Used to working in a target-driven environment
● Looking for a long-term career in customer services management
● Willingness to travel, expectation will be that this role will require regular visits to each contact centre
● Recognition that operational roles of this nature involve some element of weekend oversight, plus unscheduled incident and crisis management
Dow Jones is a global provider of news and business information, delivering content to consumers and organizations around the world across multiple formats, including print, digital, mobile and live events. Dow Jones has produced unrivaled quality content for more than 125 years and today has one of the world's largest news gathering operations globally. It produces leading publications and products including the flagship Wall Street Journal, America's largest newspaper by paid circulation; Factiva, Barron's, MarketWatch, Financial News, DJX, Dow Jones Risk & Compliance, Dow Jones Newswires, and Dow Jones VentureSource.Dow Jones is a division of News Corp (NASDAQ: NWS, NWSA; ASX: NWS, NWSLV).
Equal Opportunity Employer:
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status. EEO/AA/M/F/Disabled/Vets
Requisition ID 2017-29667
Job Locations USA-NJ-PRINCETON
Job Function ..
Business Area CUSTOMER ENGINE
Job Area1 Customer Experience
Job Area2 ..
Meet Some of Dow Jones's Employees
News Editor, WSJ
Geoff manages the Money Investing Section of the WSJ, coordinating visual, graphical, and copy content published in print and online to present readers with the best finance market stories.
Back to top