Customer Solutions Engineer
We look for insightful, astute forward-thinking sales oriented engineers who are also strategic, confident, and an out-of-the-box problem solvers with a consultative style and a strong action orientation.
Reporting to the VP, Technology Product Development the Customer Solutions Engineer will work closely with sales and their prospective clients to drive integration opportunities for the Dow Jones Professional Information Business.
List all primary responsibilities/accountabilities.
- Work with Dow Jones Professional Information Business Sales and their prospects/clients looking to understand and exploit integration possibilities with all Dow Jones technologies
- Advise and mentor prospective clients and/or their nominated third parties on their development of integration with Dow Jones platforms
- Share best practices, model designs etc. with prospects/clients for both technical development and successful negotiation of client’s internal approvals processes
- Provide feedback to Dow Jones Product group, Technology group, PMs, platform teams, etc. on emerging requirements and client technology trends, lessons learned from pilot engagement approach
- Collaborate with pilot team to build portfolio of successful examples/references
- Technical account management of client post-sale, to facilitate ongoing takeup and use of Dow Jones technology within the client organisation
- More than 5 years prior work in a customer-facing/interacting role
- Experience with Agile development practices
- Prior experience building and leading technical product demonstrations that include APIs, XML feeds, and configurable widgets
- Prior experience responding to functional and technical elements of RFIs/RFPs
- A Bachelor of Science (or equivalent degree) in Computer Science or a related field
- Experience and familiarity with our products and lines of business
- Software development experience. Preferably with one or more Dow Jones products/technologies – Factiva, Risk & Compliance, VentureSource, Newswires, etc.
- Strong coding skills in several programming languages, preferably including at least one contemporary mobile development language or framework
Dow Jones is a global provider of news and business information, delivering content to consumers and organizations around the world across multiple formats, including print, digital, mobile and live events. Dow Jones has produced unrivaled quality content for more than 125 years and today has one of the world’s largest news gathering operations globally. It produces leading publications and products including the flagship Wall Street Journal, America’s largest newspaper by paid circulation; Factiva, Barron’s, MarketWatch, Financial News, DJX, Dow Jones Risk & Compliance, Dow Jones Newswires, and Dow Jones VentureSource.
Requisition ID 2016-28794
Job Locations GBR – LONDON
Job Function IT Development
Business Area TECHNOLOGY – PROD & ENG
Job Area1 Technology
Job Area2 ..
Meet Some of Dow Jones's Employees
Subscriber Services Manager
Sendi works in Subscription Department at Dow Jones, dealing with fraudulent complaints and providing customer service support for WSJ, WSJ+, Barron's, and its affiliated sub-agencies.
Back to top