Customer Solutions Engineer
Customer Solutions Engineer
GM, DNA Platform & Technology Partnerships
Professional Information Business
London, New York
For more than 125 years, Dow Jones has been finding new ways to bring information to the world's top business entities. Dow Jones has grown to be a worldwide news and information powerhouse, with prestigious brands including The Wall Street Journal, Dow Jones Newswires, Factiva, Barron's, MarketWatch, Risk and Compliance, Financial News, VentureSource and our recently launched Data News and Analytics platform.
The DNA platform enables customers and partners to integrate with Dow Jones' world class professional information and patented taxonomy, allowing them to interact with it in new and innovative ways which includes building their own custom solutions.
At Dow Jones we live at the intersection of advanced data capabilities, award-winning journalism and innovative technology to deliver news, tools and financial insight to move markets, inform critical decisions and power top companies and careers.
Reporting to the General Manager, DNA Platform & Technology Partnerships our Customer Solutions Engineers (CSE) are critical technical partners for our sales teams and clients. The CSE will drive integration opportunities for Dow Jones' clients and partners who range from cutting edge startups and incubators to the world's most respected corporations.
In addition to working with customers, the CSE team will have access to the cloud based DNA platform and tools for identifying innovative solutions to business problems. Their solutions will take many forms, from prototypes and demos to education.
- Work with Sales and their prospects/clients looking to understand and exploit integration possibilities with Dow Jones solutions. Developing solution design and implementation documentation
- Advise and mentor prospective clients on their development of integration with Dow Jones platforms including building and managing proof of concepts
- Share best practices, model designs etc. with prospects/clients for both technical development and successful negotiation of client's internal approvals processes
- Provide feedback to Dow Jones Product and Technology teams on emerging requirements and client technology trends, lessons learned from pilot engagement approach
- Build portfolio of successful examples/references
- Technical account management of client post-sale, to facilitate adoption of Dow Jones technology within the client organisation
Skills & Experience
- More than 5 years' prior work in a customer-facing customer engineering role
- Software development experience using Agile development practices
- Demonstrated experience building and leading technical product demonstrations that include APIs, XML feeds, and configurable widgets
- Business acumen and strategic problem solving skills to assist with client requirements
- Experience responding to functional and technical elements of RFIs/RFPs
- Experience and passion for Big Data and data analytics including contemporary tools and languages
- Degree in Computer Science or a related field
- Professionalism and a client first approach
- Experience working with Google BigQuery
- Strong coding skills in several programming languages, preferably including at least one contemporary mobile development language or framework
- Experience and familiarity with our products and lines of business including Factiva, Risk & Compliance, VentureSource, Newswires, etc.
Dow Jones , Making Careers Newsworthy
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status. EEO/AA/M/F/Disabled/Vets .
Dow Jones is committed to providing reasonable accommodation for qualified individuals with disabilities, in our job application and/or interview process. If you need assistance or accommodation in completing your application, due to a disability, please reach out to us at TalentResourceTeam@dowjones.com . Please put "Reasonable Accommodation" in the subject line.
Business Area: PIB - PLATFORM & TECH PARTNERSHIPS
Job Category: IT Development Group
Dow Jones is a global provider of news and business information, delivering content to consumers and organizations around the world across multiple formats, including print, digital, mobile and live events. Dow Jones has produced unrivaled quality content for more than 125 years and today has one of the world's largest news gathering operations globally. It produces leading publications and products including the flagship Wall Street Journal, America's largest newspaper by paid circulation; Factiva, Barron's, MarketWatch, Financial News, DJX, Dow Jones Risk & Compliance, Dow Jones Newswires, and Dow Jones VentureSource.Dow Jones is a division of News Corp (NASDAQ: NWS, NWSA; ASX: NWS, NWSLV).
If you are a current employee at Dow Jones, do not apply here. Please go to the Career section on your Workday homepage and view "Find Jobs - Dow Jones." Thank you.
Req ID: 16796
Back to top