Customer Service Supervisor
Customer Service Supervisor
Dow Jones is a global provider of news and business information, delivering content to consumers and organizations around the world across multiple formats, including print, digital, mobile and live events. Dow Jones has produced unrivaled quality content for more than 125 years and today has one of the world's largest news gathering operations globally. It produces leading publications and products including the flagship Wall Street Journal, America's largest newspaper by paid circulation; Factiva, Barron's, MarketWatch, Financial News, DJX, Dow Jones Risk & Compliance, Dow Jones Newswires, and Dow Jones VentureSource.
The Wall Street Journal is America's largest newspaper by paid circulation with more than 2.2 million customers. In recent years, the Journal has expanded its core content offering to include coverage of the arts, culture, lifestyle, sports, and personal health, building on its heritage as the leading source of business and financial news. Published by Dow Jones, one of the world's largest news gathering operations with nearly 2,000 journalists in more than 80 bureaus, The Wall Street Journal now spans 12 editions in nine languages, engaging readers across newspapers, websites, magazines, social media, and video. The Journal holds 35 Pulitzer Prizes for outstanding journalism.
United by our ambitions, the Dow Jones Customer group will attract and retain customers by creating distinctive experiences and valued relationships for mutual profit. We work across all of the elite Dow Jones brands to appeal to a broad, high-level client base and provide a distinctive experience to each one. In addition, the group's focus is on consistently providing excellent service and developing and nurturing valued, lasting relationships with our customers.
Customer Experience Department
The Customer Experience Department works within the Customer Group supporting our Consumer and PIB businesses to deliver a best-in-class customer experience. The 3 main pillars of customer experience support nearly every facet of Dow Jones globally providing campaign analytics, quality assurance, experience design and much more. They are based out of three main locations (Princeton, NJ; Barcelona, Spain; and Hong Kong).
Customer Service Team
This team provides 1st through 3rd level support for global customer contacts providing 24/7 coverage for clients of our consumer and PIB products. Included with the service team is the contact center operations which is responsible for Training, Quality Management, Service Performance reporting, Service Design and the Systems that support the Customer Service team..
The position resides in the Customer Experience Team, reporting to the Customer Support Manager. The Customer Service Supervisor is responsible for ensuring a team of representatives provides superior customer service to all Dow Jones customers, prospects, and employees. The role requires liaising with other departments to develop procedural guidelines and mapping out best practices for this new team. The Supervisor will also ensure that the department's mandated service levels are met.
Based in:Princeton, NJ/Barcelona/Hong Kong
Reports to:Manager Customer Support, Escalations
- Direct and monitor activities of assigned staff including goal-setting, performance management, coaching, training, and development plans to develop an effective team with a strong customer focus
- Determine scheduling and staffing needs to maintain service levels objectives
- Conduct telephone monitoring for direct reports and provide feedback for development purposes and to ensure accurate and timely support
- Share information with staff, review team progress, and establish relationships with other teams to improve the knowledge base, reduce time on escalated inquiries, etc.
- Analyze customer service metrics to determine problem and opportunity areas and monitoring performance against goal
- Ensure that escalations to various departments are seamless to our customers
- Establish documentation, implement consistent global processes, and train direct reports on all procedures
- Identify opportunities for improvement with technology systems and procedures, and initiate appropriate action to implement process changes
- Provide high-level support for all customer contacts by addressing their issue or query and/or routing their call to the appropriate department
- Focus on QA and other KPI's as directed by Senior Leadership
- Establish rapport with internal and external customers
- Work closely with Customer Service colleagues, locally and globally, to ensure synergy across the entire group
- Work with other Dow Jones departments to ensure escalated issues are handled timely and correctly
- Foster a dynamic relationship with Dow Jones Product and IT teams to create an accountable environment where the team and stakeholders keep each other updated on all fronts
- Proven management experience within a high-volume call center environment preferred, as well as knowledge of ACDs, call tracking systems, and call monitoring
- Leadership and team-building skills to motivate and inspire the team towards achievement of service excellence
- Ability to coach direct reports to strengthen their performance and improve skills in order to accomplish work objectives
- Problem solving and analytical skills with the ability to evaluate issues and conflicts and make timely decisions that benefit both the customer and the business
- Ability to take ownership of problems and coordinate appropriate internal resources to help solve customer issues effectively and efficiently
- Ability to train direct reports on new and existing procedures
- Cross train every employee on team to be able to do all aspects of the team's work
- Work with other supervisors to cross train with other teams in order to improve the department's overall support model
- Ensure that follow-up's and projects given from Product are distributed evenly among the team in order to cross train teams
- Experience supporting applications in a web environment, corporate intranets and integrated knowledge solutions
- Ability to follow and accurately explain a large set of procedural guidelines to a very high accuracy level
- Commitment to customer satisfaction to provide quick and thorough response to customers' requests or problems
- Time management and organizational skills
- University Degree is desirable
- Positive outlook on change and a flexible approach to the work environment and structure
- Superior verbal and written communication skills with the ability to quickly establish trust and reliability over the phone
- Attention to detail and the ability to prioritize and meet deadlines
Dow Jones is a global provider of news and business information, delivering content to consumers and organizations around the world across multiple formats, including print, digital, mobile and live events. Dow Jones has produced unrivaled quality content for more than 125 years and today has one of the world's largest news gathering operations globally. It produces leading publications and products including the flagship Wall Street Journal, America's largest newspaper by paid circulation; Factiva, Barron's, MarketWatch, Financial News, DJX, Dow Jones Risk & Compliance, Dow Jones Newswires, and Dow Jones VentureSource.Dow Jones is a division of News Corp (NASDAQ: NWS, NWSA; ASX: NWS, NWSLV).
Equal Opportunity Employer
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status. EEO/AA/M/F/Disabled/Vets
Job Locations USA-NJ-PRINCETON
Requisition ID 2017-30044
Job Function Customer Service
Business Area CUSTOMER ENGINE
Job Area1 Customer Experience
Meet Some of Dow Jones's Employees
News Editor, WSJ
Geoff manages the Money Investing Section of the WSJ, coordinating visual, graphical, and copy content published in print and online to present readers with the best finance market stories.
Back to top