Customer Service Associate (Princeton Office)
Here at Dow Jones we are looking for a Customer Service Associate . We are looking for someone who has a passion for helping people, and truly has a can-do attitude. We are offering a career with a recognized leader in the world of global news and business information. This is an opportunity to be a part of a multinational organization that focuses on its people. Dow Jones is searching for candidates who want to work within our Global Customer Service team to learn and grow from this position.
- Provide high-level telephone and e-support on Dow Jones suite of products and services by answering our global customer queries concerning billing/account administration, pricing, content, product navigation, and delivery
- Retain Dow Jones customers and increase customer loyalty while projecting a professional, efficient and positive approach
- Ensure all opportunities for retention and cross-selling are identified and maximized
- Strong ability to overcome objections and enthusiastically resolve customers'' concerns while consistently providing superior levels of customer service
- Ensure all relevant procedures are followed from beginning to resolution
- Must meet retention goals set by the company and ensure all key performance key indicators are met
- Actively seek out opportunities for self-improvement, keeping up with new product trainings and process knowledge
- Make independent decisions to resolve customer issues with strong problem solving and negotiation skills
- Work with other Dow Jones departments to ensure escalated issues are handled timely and correctly
- Superior verbal and written communication skills with the ability to quickly establish trust and reliability over the phone
- Ability to listen, empathize, and effectively handle challenging customers in a professional and pleasant manner
- Sound judgement and a commitment to customer satisfaction with the ability to build and develop relationships to identify problems, assess needs, and find solutions
- Ability to maintain a positive attitude in an often busy and intense environment
- Strong aptitude and desire to learn new technical systems and applications
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office and web browsing
- Attention to detail and the ability to prioritize and meet deadlines
- Ability to follow a large set of procedural guidelines to a very high accuracy level and adjust to changes when required
- Positive outlook on change and flexible approach to team-based work environment and structure
- Desire to grow with the company
- College degree preferred
Dow Jones , Making Careers Newsworthy
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status. EEO/AA/M/F/Disabled/Vets .
Dow Jones is committed to providing reasonable accommodation for qualified individuals with disabilities, in our job application and/or interview process. If you need assistance or accommodation in completing your application, due to a disability, please reach out to us at TalentResourceTeam@dowjones.com . Please put "Reasonable Accommodation" in the subject line.
Business Area: CUSTOMER ENGINE
Dow Jones is a global provider of news and business information, delivering content to consumers and organizations around the world across multiple formats, including print, digital, mobile and live events. Dow Jones has produced unrivaled quality content for more than 125 years and today has one of the world's largest news gathering operations globally. It produces leading publications and products including the flagship Wall Street Journal, America's largest newspaper by paid circulation; Factiva, Barron's, MarketWatch, Financial News, DJX, Dow Jones Risk & Compliance, Dow Jones Newswires, and Dow Jones VentureSource.Dow Jones is a division of News Corp (NASDAQ: NWS, NWSA; ASX: NWS, NWSLV).
If you require assistance in completing the online application, please contact the Talent Management team for Application Help at TalentResourceTeam@dowjones.com
Job Req 10971
Meet Some of Dow Jones's Employees
Product Team Head, The Wall Street Journal
Katharina supervises digital products for The Wall Street Journal. She leads a team of product managers, and together, they set goals and roadmaps for projects to improve the company’s apps, website, and off-platform experiences.
Back to top