Customer Service Associate (Japanese/English)
The primary role of the Customer Services team is to champion best practice in the objective governance of the contact center provision and assessing the emerging risks and propose developments and improvements based on objective and evidence based information, such as agreed service levels and customer feedback.
Who is my manager?
Customer Support Supervisor
What are my accountabilities?
- Ability to communicate with our global customers in both written and spoken Japanese and English within a corporate environment
- Maintain a high degree of customer service for all support queries and adhere to all service management principles and Service Level Agreements
- Provide excellent customer service to customers in a courteous, effective and timely manner to ensure resolution of customer contacts
- Ensure all relevant procedures are followed from beginning to resolution
- Make independent decisions to resolve customer issues with strong problem solving and negotiation skills
- Work with other Dow Jones departments to ensure escalated issues are handled timely and correctly
- Own a customer case by being the named case manager bringing the case to final conclusion
- Perform administrative functions as may be required in order to fulfil member requirements
- Act as an internal voice of the customer
What do you need from me?
- Speaks Native Japanese and fluent English within corporate environment
- Superior verbal and written communication skills with the ability to quickly establish trust and reliability over the phone
- Ability to listen, empathize, and effectively handle challenging customers in a professional and pleasant manner
- Sound judgment and a commitment to customer satisfaction with the ability to build and develop relationships to identify problems, assess needs, and find solutions
- Ability to maintain a positive attitude in an often busy and intense environment
- Strong aptitude and desire to learn new technical systems and applications
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office and web browsing
- College degree required
How do I apply?
Dow Jones offers an exceptional opportunity to work for one of the world's leading financial and business news companies. We invite interested candidates to submit in confidence a cover letter and detailed resume stating your qualifications, contact details and current and expected salary via our Career Site.
Only shortlisted candidates will be notified
Dow Jones is a global provider of news and business information, delivering content to consumers and organizations around the world across multiple formats, including print, digital, mobile and live events. Dow Jones has produced unrivaled quality content for more than 125 years and today has one of the world's largest news gathering operations globally. It produces leading publications and products including the flagship Wall Street Journal, America's largest newspaper by paid circulation; Factiva, Barron's, MarketWatch, Financial News, DJX, Dow Jones Risk & Compliance, Dow Jones Newswires, and Dow Jones VentureSource.Dow Jones is a division of News Corp (NASDAQ: NWS, NWSA; ASX: NWS, NWSLV).
Requisition ID 2017-29791
Job Locations HKG-HONG KONG
Job Function Customer Service
Business Area ..
Job Area1 Customer Experience
Job Area2 ..
Meet Some of Dow Jones's Employees
News Editor, WSJ
Geoff manages the Money Investing Section of the WSJ, coordinating visual, graphical, and copy content published in print and online to present readers with the best finance market stories.
Back to top