Customer Service Associate
CUSTOMER SERVICE ASSOCIATE (Mandarin/ Cantonese/ English-speaking)
- Provide multilingual telephone and email support to customers and prospects of The Wall Street Journal Asia
- Coordinate and follow up on customer service and circulation inquiries from overseas Dow Jones offices
- Correctly diagnose callers’ issues by asking relevant questions and utilizing effective listening skills
- Process data for subscription orders and payments, and handle customer billing documentation
- Assist in identifying opportunities for improvement with systems and procedures, and initiate appropriate action to implement these changes
- Contribute information to a customer service database
- Work with other Dow Jones departments to ensure escalated issues are handled timely and correctly
- Degree qualified
- Fluency in spoken English, Cantonese & Mandarin is a must
- Proficiency in English & Chinese writing is essential
- Superior verbal and written communication skills with the ability to quickly establish trust and reliability over the phone
- People skills and telephone etiquette with ability to listen, empathize with, and effectively handle challenging queries in a professional manner
- Understanding of the Internet, corporate Intranets, and Microsoft Office
- Attention to detail and the ability to prioritize and meet deadlines
- Must project a patient, efficient, positive, and cooperative demeanor
- Ability to adhere to extensive procedural guidelines and adapt to changes when required to a very high accuracy level
- Positive outlook on change and flexible approach to team-based work environment and structure
Dow Jones offers an opportunity to work for one of the world’s leading financial and business news companies. We invite interested candidates to submit in confidence a cover letter and detailed resume stating your qualifications, contact details and current and expected salary via our job site.
- Only shortlisted candidates will be notified*
Dow Jones is a global provider of news and business information, delivering content to consumers and organizations around the world across multiple formats, including print, digital, mobile and live events. Dow Jones has produced unrivaled quality content for more than 125 years and today has one of the world’s largest news gathering operations globally. It produces leading publications and products including the flagship Wall Street Journal, America’s largest newspaper by paid circulation; Factiva, Barron’s, MarketWatch, Financial News, DJX, Dow Jones Risk & Compliance, Dow Jones Newswires, and Dow Jones VentureSource.
Requisition ID 2016-28222
Job Locations HKG – HONG KONG
Job Function Customer Service
Business Area CUSTOMER EXPERIENCE
Job Area1 Customer Experience
Job Area2 ..
Meet Some of Dow Jones's Employees
Subscriber Services Manager
Sendi works in Subscription Department at Dow Jones, dealing with fraudulent complaints and providing customer service support for WSJ, WSJ+, Barron's, and its affiliated sub-agencies.
Back to top