Customer Service Associate
Who is my manager?
Customer Support Supervisor
What are my accountabilities?
- Ability to communicate with our global customers in both written and spoken Japanese and English within a corporate environment
- Maintain a high degree of customer service for all support queries and adhere to all service management principles and Service Level Agreements
- Provide excellent customer service to customers in a courteous, effective and timely manner to ensure resolution of customer contacts
- Ensure all relevant procedures are followed from beginning to resolution
- Make independent decisions to resolve customer issues with strong problem solving and negotiation skills
- Work with other Dow Jones departments to ensure escalated issues are handled timely and correctly
- Own a customer case by being the named case manager bringing the case to final conclusion
- Perform administrative functions as may be required in order to fulfil member requirements
- Act as an internal voice of the customer
- Actively seek out opportunities for self-improvement, keeping up with new product trainings and process knowledge
What do you need from me?
- Speaks Native Japanese, fluent English within corporate environment
- Superior verbal and written communication skills with the ability to quickly establish trust and reliability over the phone
- Ability to listen, empathize, and effectively handle challenging customers in a professional and pleasant manner
- Sound judgment and a commitment to customer satisfaction with the ability to build and develop relationships to identify problems, assess needs, and find solutions
- Ability to maintain a positive attitude in an often busy and intense environment
- Strong aptitude and desire to learn new technical systems and applications
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office and web browsing
- Attention to detail and the ability to prioritize and meet deadlines
- Ability to follow a large set of procedural guidelines to a very high accuracy level and adjust to changes when required
- Positive outlook on change and flexible approach to team-based work environment and structure
- Desire to grow with the company
- College degree required
- Must be flexible to work on weekend and public holidays when assigned. (5 days work)
How do I apply?
Dow Jones offers an exceptional opportunity to work for one of the world's leading financial and business news companies. We invite interested candidates to submit in confidence a cover letter and detailed resume stating your qualifications, contact details and current and expected salary via our Career Site.
Only shortlisted candidates will be notified
Dow Jones , Making Careers Newsworthy
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status. EEO/AA/M/F/Disabled/Vets .
Dow Jones is committed to providing reasonable accommodation for qualified individuals with disabilities, in our job application and/or interview process. If you need assistance or accommodation in completing your application, due to a disability, please reach out to us at TalentResourceTeam@dowjones.com . Please put "Reasonable Accommodation" in the subject line.
Business Area: CUSTOMER ENGINE
Dow Jones is a global provider of news and business information, delivering content to consumers and organizations around the world across multiple formats, including print, digital, mobile and live events. Dow Jones has produced unrivaled quality content for more than 125 years and today has one of the world's largest news gathering operations globally. It produces leading publications and products including the flagship Wall Street Journal, America's largest newspaper by paid circulation; Factiva, Barron's, MarketWatch, Financial News, DJX, Dow Jones Risk & Compliance, Dow Jones Newswires, and Dow Jones VentureSource.Dow Jones is a division of News Corp (NASDAQ: NWS, NWSA; ASX: NWS, NWSLV).
If you require assistance in completing the online application, please contact the Talent Management team for Application Help at TalentResourceTeam@dowjones.com
Job Req 11737
Meet Some of Dow Jones's Employees
Product Team Head, The Wall Street Journal
Katharina supervises digital products for The Wall Street Journal. She leads a team of product managers, and together, they set goals and roadmaps for projects to improve the company’s apps, website, and off-platform experiences.
Back to top