Customer Service Applications Administrator
United by our ambitions, the Dow Jones Customer group will attract and retain customers by
creating distinctive experiences and valued relationships for mutual profit. We work across all of the elite Dow Jones brands to appeal to a broad, high-level client base and provide a distinctive experience to each one. In addition, the group’s focus is on consistently providing excellent service and developing and nurturing valued, lasting relationships with our customers.
Who is my manager?
What are my accountabilities?
- Administration of channels within the Consumer and Enterprise Global Customer Service Contact Centers, WFM, agent screensharing and recording while ensuring systems are fully operational and meeting current needs.
- Ensure all contact routes (telephony, IVR, chat, email, voicemail) are efficiently flowing from start to finish.
- Ensure voice calls are delivered to the existing local PBX’s and appropriately routed through ACD’s. Liaise with local telephone providers to resolve any issues. Maintain and enhance existing free phone services.
- Maintain routing rules for all channels (telephony, IVR, chat, email). This includes working with 3 rd parties to ensure appropriate recordings of telephone messages, etc. across all channels.
- Troubleshoot and identify business issues and opportunities while taking action to resolve. When required liaise accordingly with Customer Service Contact Centers, backend systems, and Contact Management sources.
- Escalates critical issues for quick resolution with IT/vendor
- Manages and tracks Change Request or Repair Requests for updates to production support flows or fixes.
- Supports the Self-Service sites with prioritization of enhancements and fixes, testing, functionality designs, production build support, task management and promotional campaigns to drive traffic to the sites.
- Participates in UAT initiatives, conducts ongoing adhoc tests and performance monitoring of our channels within the Contact Centers and Self-Service sites.
- Work with Technical development team to implement changes and enhancements to existing tools and applications.
- Work on projects and applications to support the Infrastructure group within Customer Service.
- Research and participates in ad-hoc projects associated with channels, Self-service and the Infrastructure group.
- Communicates time frames and project status
- Provide necessary assistance/feedback to ensure timely completion of tasks/projects
- Keep manager informed of key issues and developments
- May require project management
- Provide training on channel system(s) and end user assistance
- Assist Service Performance Analyst with reporting inquires
- Review channel system(s) and Self-Service sites for future enhancements of content/function to improve usability and user experience.
- Make recommendations on policy and procedural changes to improve the customer experience, user experience, increase revenue and retention, and decrease operating costs.
What do you need from me?
- Excellent verbal and written skills
- Knowledge of multi-channel management administration/design preferred
- Advanced technical troubleshooting skills (Specifically VOIP/Telecommunications)
- Website management
- Ability to read and interpret flow diagrams
- Usage of ticketing system to report, track, follow-up on issues
- Vendor management
- Basic HTML knowledge
- Travel 10/20%
- Knowledge of Salesforce service cloud preferred
- Will be expected to be available to provide support on an as needed basis when there are unscheduled incidents, crisis management, and scheduled maintenance. This can include nights and weekends.
Dow Jones is a global provider of news and business information, delivering content to consumers and organizations around the world across multiple formats, including print, digital, mobile and live events. Dow Jones has produced unrivaled quality content for more than 125 years and today has one of the world’s largest news gathering operations globally. It produces leading publications and products including the flagship Wall Street Journal, America’s largest newspaper by paid circulation; Factiva, Barron’s, MarketWatch, Financial News, DJX, Dow Jones Risk & Compliance, Dow Jones Newswires, and Dow Jones VentureSource.
Equal Opportunity Employer:
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status. EEO/AA/M/F/Disabled/Vets
Requisition ID 2016-29119
Job Locations USA – NJ-PRINCETON
Job Function ..
Business Area CUSTOMER EXPERIENCE
Job Area1 Customer Experience
Job Area2 ..
Meet Some of Dow Jones's Employees
Subscriber Services Manager
Sendi works in Subscription Department at Dow Jones, dealing with fraudulent complaints and providing customer service support for WSJ, WSJ+, Barron's, and its affiliated sub-agencies.
Back to top