Creative Director, Consumer (The Trust)
The Trust team is looking to hire a Creative Director focussed primarily on the Consumer sector based in our New York office. We are looking for a skilled CD who is inspired by culture and the world around them. We need creative visionaries who make work that people want to find, become a part of and ultimately, share. You will become the voice of the ideas you create and should be able to lead and present work effectively, both internally and externally.
Well versed in conceptual thinking, the CD will work in a POD structure that focuses solely on the consumer sector in collaboration with our editorial and strategy teams to create brand-defining platforms and storytelling that works in digital and traditional mediums, in addition to experiential, social, short and long-form.
You think of yourself as a non-traditional creative talent who is as much an innovator and storyteller as a creative. We are constantly challenging marketing norms via mediums and methods. You will need to be comfortable with ambiguity, willing to take risks and roll up their sleeves to get things done. As a member of a fast-paced collaborative team, you'll also need to be a quick, resourceful learner, technically curious, detail-oriented and willing to research the unknown. At the end of the day, we only want to create stories and work that people care about.
- Craft creative storytelling solutions to solve our consumer clients' biggest communication challenges
- Facilitate the creative of the conceptual framework for all projects
- Frame and drive a creative vision for a client to fruition
- Manage the creative thinking which meets the goals of the clients
- Develop a strong relationship with the Strategy, Editorial and the Client Management teams
- Partner with your Sales and Strategy partners to navigate complex client structures, and with Project Management to build scopes of work and project plans that properly set our team up for success against creative deliverables
- Collaborate with Head of Design and design team members
- Collaborate with Head of Production
- Provide clear and objective critiques of creative work
- Present internally and externally to clients
- Remain current and communicate industry trends and techniques
Skills & Experience
- Passionate, relentless, and entrepreneurial; thrives in a fast-paced environment and is driven to invent and make things people have never seen before
- A creative thinker who has a portfolio that demonstrates the ability to ideate and execute innovative creative within the finance sector to support brand initiatives with a focus on editorial storytelling and consumer engagement
- A strategic business writer, engaging storyteller, clear communicator, and polished presenter
- Demonstrated ability to think strategically in your creative ideation
- Has a sense of urgency, not afraid of constant change, is flexible and agile in navigating a media landscape
- Is decisive, firm, fair while holding high standards for themselves and the group at large
- A consummate relationship builder who can seamlessly manage multiple voices, opinions, and personalities to create an atmosphere of camaraderie and collaboration
- Strategic thinker who connects the dots in unexpected ways and champions new ideas and ways of working
- Clear ability to convey a core idea through different channels
- Innovative in thought and delivery
- 8+ Years of Experience
Dow Jones , Making Careers Newsworthy
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status. EEO/AA/M/F/Disabled/Vets .
Dow Jones is committed to providing reasonable accommodation for qualified individuals with disabilities, in our job application and/or interview process. If you need assistance or accommodation in completing your application, due to a disability, please reach out to us at TalentResourceTeam@dowjones.com . Please put "Reasonable Accommodation" in the subject line.
Business Area: MEDIA SALES
Job Category: Art/Graphics Group
Dow Jones is a global provider of news and business information, delivering content to consumers and organizations around the world across multiple formats, including print, digital, mobile and live events. Dow Jones has produced unrivaled quality content for more than 125 years and today has one of the world's largest news gathering operations globally. It produces leading publications and products including the flagship Wall Street Journal, America's largest newspaper by paid circulation; Factiva, Barron's, MarketWatch, Financial News, DJX, Dow Jones Risk & Compliance, Dow Jones Newswires, and Dow Jones VentureSource.Dow Jones is a division of News Corp (NASDAQ: NWS, NWSA; ASX: NWS, NWSLV).
If you are a current employee at Dow Jones, do not apply here. Please go to the Career section on your Workday homepage and view "Find Jobs - Dow Jones." Thank you.
Req ID: 17118
Back to top