Creative Director/ DJMG
Dow Jones Media Group is a collection of premier brands as well as global providers of news and business information, delivering content to consumers and organizations around the world across multiple formats, including print, digital, mobile and live events.
- The Creative Director will be expected to create beautiful and effective content and experiences that spark imaginations and influence the most influential audiences around the world.
- This role will oversees several creatives at different levels.
- You'll help design, brainstorm, build and execute innovative multi-platform native and branded experiences across Dow Jones Media Group premier brands.
- In this position, you will be combining digital, print and experiential design expertise in collaborating with business stakeholders, editors, designers, producers and developers to define the user interface of these executions.
- You will be tasked with helping brands discover their story and leveraging the multimedia storytelling power of Dow Jones Media Group
- You will lead the team responsible for visual creative development of all types of experiences and campaign materials.
- You will oversee a creative team.
- You will be highly skilled at creating storyboards, wireframes and campaign materials necessary to guide development of beautiful and creative branded experiences from concept to implementation.
- Create visual designs that address business, brand, market, and user requirements, including the design and production of site layouts, marketing elements, rich media units, content treatments and brand campaigns.
- You will have the ability to work well in collaborative environment with other designers, writers, developers and producers.
- You will have a strong visual and typographic sensibility.
- You will brainstorm and collaborate with multiple teams as well as other stakeholders to express cross-platform campaigns and experiences.
- You will ensure successful delivery of the final work product.
- You will be confident and not afraid to contribute innovative ideas to shape effective ad experiences across digital, mobile, print and video platforms.
- You will be able to present your designs to stakeholders and articulate your vision.
- BA/BFA in graphic design or digital media or relevant experience
- 7+ years of marketing / advertising / design experience
- Self starter--ability to work independently as well as in cross-functional groups
- Strong knowledge of Adobe Creative Suite & Microsoft Office Fluency in the fundamentals of design and detail-oriented
- Strong eye for layout design and typography
- Excellent organizational and communication skills
- Strong project/time management and multitasking abilities
- Interests in advertising, marketing, media, social media and branding
- Eagerness to produce powerful campaigns and be part of a bigger team
- Positive and enthusiastic attitude
- Strong strategic, conceptual skills and a good knowledge of the digital landscape
- Ability to prioritize and manage work, adhering to critical project timelines in a fast-paced environment
- Fluent in the full Adobe Creative Suite, Powerpoint and Keynote Knowledge of Adobe Muse, Wordpress, Webflow, Flite, Sketch and different CMS platforms is a huge plus
- Experience creating wireframes, sketches, UI and final visual design for desktop, mobile and tablet (and all production methods associated with each)
- Video editing/motion graphics/interactive design ability a plus
- Fluency in tackling data-centric infographics and illustrations Understanding of UI/UX design and high interest in inventing and developing new experiences for all devices
- Strong portfolio showing previous visual and interaction design work
- Staying abreast of the evolving technology and design landscape including the emergence of new standards and devices
- Should be familiar with CSS, HTML and web typography (Typekit etc.) and have experience designing with fluid grids that work responsively for mobile, tablet and desktop
Dow Jones , Making Careers Newsworthy
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status. EEO/AA/M/F/Disabled/Vets .
Dow Jones is committed to providing reasonable accommodation for qualified individuals with disabilities, in our job application and/or interview process. If you need assistance or accommodation in completing your application, due to a disability, please reach out to us at TalentResourceTeam@dowjones.com . Please put "Reasonable Accommodation" in the subject line.
Business Area: DJ MEDIA GROUP OFFICE
Dow Jones is a global provider of news and business information, delivering content to consumers and organizations around the world across multiple formats, including print, digital, mobile and live events. Dow Jones has produced unrivaled quality content for more than 125 years and today has one of the world's largest news gathering operations globally. It produces leading publications and products including the flagship Wall Street Journal, America's largest newspaper by paid circulation; Factiva, Barron's, MarketWatch, Financial News, DJX, Dow Jones Risk & Compliance, Dow Jones Newswires, and Dow Jones VentureSource.Dow Jones is a division of News Corp (NASDAQ: NWS, NWSA; ASX: NWS, NWSLV).
Back to top