Dow Jones & Company is seeking a commercial attorney to join the Dow Jones Legal Department and provide legal support to the business development, sales, advertising and innovation teams within The Wall Street Journal and Dow Jones Media Group. This position is based at Dow Jones' suburban campus near Princeton but some travel to Dow Jones' headquarters in midtown Manhattan will occasionally be required.
Responsibilities include drafting and negotiating a wide variety of commercial contracts, including content and trademark licenses, sales and advertising contracts, master service agreements and other types of contracts as needed.
Minimum Qualifications :
- JD. from a well-regarded law firm with exceptional academic credentials.
- At least 3 years experience as a transactional attorney at a law firm.
- Ability to simultaneously manage workloads, multiple client demands and shifting priorities within a fast-paced, rapidly evolving environment.
- Strong interpersonal skills with a willingness to interact directly and form productive working relationships with sales representatives and other internal clients.
- Strong work ethic, flexible to changing business needs and a desire to expand knowledge and competencies to grow with the company's diverse initiatives.
Preferred candidates will have experience supporting innovation and advising digital media clients on content licensing, advertising and other legal issues.
Dow Jones is a global provider of news and business information, delivering content to consumers and organizations around the world across multiple formats, including print, digital, mobile and live events. Dow Jones has produced unrivaled quality content for more than 125 years and today has one of the world's largest news gathering operations globally. It produces leading publications and products including the flagship Wall Street Journal, America's largest newspaper by paid circulation; Factiva, Barron's, MarketWatch, Financial News, DJX, Dow Jones Risk & Compliance, Dow Jones Newswires, and Dow Jones VentureSource.Dow Jones is a division of News Corp (NASDAQ: NWS, NWSA; ASX: NWS, NWSLV).
Equal Opportunity Employer:
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status. EEO/AA/M/F/Disabled/Vets
Requisition ID 2017-30307
Job Locations USA-NJ-PRINCETON
Job Function Legal
Business Area LEGAL
Job Area1 People, Legal, Finance
Job Area2 ..
Meet Some of Dow Jones's Employees
News Editor, WSJ
Geoff manages the Money Investing Section of the WSJ, coordinating visual, graphical, and copy content published in print and online to present readers with the best finance market stories.
Back to top