Content Operations Specialist
Position Title: Content Operations Specialist
Department: Data Strategy
Functional Area: Content Group
Reports to: Manager, Content Operations (EMEA)
Position Summary Statement:
The Content group manages the flow of news and information that lies at the heart of the Dow Jones Professional Information Business (PIB) products, ensuring that it is loaded, enriched and available to customers quickly and effectively. This includes working with publishers and websites to onboard content, creating and maintaining rules and systems for applying topical tagging and metadata to make our sources and stories easy to find, and compiling and surfacing useful content sets on home pages, customized newsletters and through pre-built search queries.
This position sits within the Content Management sub-group, which is responsible for developing, processing, monitoring and managing content within Factiva products and services. The group ensures the timely and accurate delivery of content and ensures the effective dissemination of information about our content to customers, publishers and PIB colleagues.
The Content Operations Specialist is responsible for ensuring the smooth passage of content from the information provider to Factiva products. The Content Operations Specialist has responsibility for ensuring that content is loaded to Factiva products according to established standards of timeliness and completeness. In addition, the Content Operations Specialist is responsible for quickly and accurately responding to questions raised by both internal and external clients as well as by information providers. Although not a technical position, this job does require the ability to understand data formats (XML, HTML, ASCII, etc) and data delivery methods (FTP, HTTP, etc.)
Note: This is not a suitable position for programmer or developers.
- Monitor the arrival of content through electronic content processing systems to verify that key content is available on Factiva products per expected arrival times.
- Maintain and develop relationships with information providers with a view of improving data delivery.
- Follow up with information providers in the event of data problems.
- Research into and resolve Customer Service questions regarding delivery delays, article display, content coverage, etc.
- Fix files containing inaccurate and corrupt data via content management tools.
- Quickly & efficiently handle requests for the deletion and correction of news articles.
- Liaise with Content Information to maintain the accuracy of the Content Database, the central repository of information about Factiva's content collection of 33,000 sources
- Liaise with Content Development regarding data format issues to ensure that new and existing sources are displayed to the highest standards on all Factiva products.
- Liaise with Content Licensing regarding the loading of new content and other delivery issues.
Key Relationships Internally and Externally:
- Works directly with information providers to ensure accurate and timely receipt and display of content on Factiva.
- Works with internal Content teams (Content Information, Content Development) to onboard new content sets for Factiva and to maintain the content database.
- Works with Factiva technologists to troubleshoot content delivery issues and to test and develop content management tools.
- Works with Content Licensing to resolve business issues pertaining to Factiva content.
- Works with customer-facing staff (Customer Service, Sales) to swiftly resolve customer questions.
Knowledge, Skills and Experience:
- College degree or equivalent work experience.
- Excellent communication, customer service and relationship building skills.
- Strong listening and conversational skills.
- Computer literacy with a familiarity of G Suite (formerly Google Apps for Work) and Microsoft Office.
- Understanding of data formats (XML, HTML) and data delivery methods (FTP, HTTP)
- Strong critical thinking and problem solving skills
- Demonstrated ability to work independently as well as in a team environment.
- High attention to detail and solid organizational skills with the ability to prioritize multiple projects/tasks.
- Flexible approach to work environment.
- Language Skills: Native Russian, English, as well as at least one more language, preferably German or Portuguese.
The successful candidate must be willing to participate in a schedule that requires:
- working 1 Sunday every 6 weeks on a rotational basis.
- working between 9h30 to 17h30 or between 8h30 to 16h30 on a rotational basis.
- working on Bank Holidays on a rotational basis.
Dow Jones is a global provider of news and business information, delivering content to consumers and organizations around the world across multiple formats, including print, digital, mobile and live events. Dow Jones has produced unrivaled quality content for more than 125 years and today has one of the world's largest news gathering operations globally. It produces leading publications and products including the flagship Wall Street Journal, America's largest newspaper by paid circulation; Factiva, Barron's, MarketWatch, Financial News, DJX, Dow Jones Risk & Compliance, Dow Jones Newswires, and Dow Jones VentureSource.Dow Jones is a division of News Corp (NASDAQ: NWS, NWSA; ASX: NWS, NWSLV).
Requisition ID 2017-30172
Job Locations ESP-BARCELONA
Job Function Data/Content
Business Area DATA STRATEGY
Job Area1 Research & Data Science
Job Area2 ..
Meet Some of Dow Jones's Employees
News Editor, WSJ
Geoff manages the Money Investing Section of the WSJ, coordinating visual, graphical, and copy content published in print and online to present readers with the best finance market stories.
Back to top