Content Operations Specialist
The Content Operations Specialist is responsible for ensuring that content loads smoothly from information providers to Factiva products according to established standards of timeliness and completeness. In addition, the Content Operations Specialist is responsible for quickly and accurately responding to questions raised by both internal and external clients as well as by information providers. Although not a technical position, this job does require the ability to understand data formats (XML, HTML, ASCII, etc) and data delivery methods (FTP, HTTP, etc). Note: This is not a suitable position for programmers or developers.
- Monitor the arrival and progress of content through electronic processing systems to verify that key content is available on Factiva products as per expected arrival times.
- Maintain and develop relationships with information providers with a view of improving data delivery.
- Follow up with information providers in the event of data problems.
- Research and resolve Customer Service questions regarding delivery delays, article display, content coverage, etc.
- Fix files containing inaccurate and corrupt data via online editorial tools.
- Quickly and efficiently handle requests for the deletion and correction of news articles.
- Liaise with Content Information to maintain the accuracy of the online publications directory and other source listings.
- Liaise with Content Development regarding data format issues to ensure that new and existing sources are displayed to the highest standards on all Factiva products.
- Liaise with Content Licensing regarding the loading of new content and other delivery issues.
Key Relationships Internally and Externally:
- Other Content Operations desks outside Princeton
- Information Providers
- Customer Support and Sales
- Content Licensing
- Factiva Source Processing Team
- Content Information
- Content Development
Knowledge, Skills and Experience:
- College degree or equivalent work experience.
- Excellent communication, customer service and relationship building skills.
- Strong listening and conversational skills.
- Computer literacy with a familiarity of G Suite (formerly Google Apps for Work) and Microsoft Office.
- Understanding of data formats (XML, HTML) and data delivery methods (FTP, HTTP).
- Strong critical thinking and problem solving skills.
- Demonstrated ability to work independently as well as in a team environment.
- High attention to detail and solid organizational skills with the ability to prioritize multiple projects/tasks.
- Flexible approach to work environment.
- This is a union position (IAPE).
- The successful candidate must be willing to participate in a schedule that requires working between 11:30am to 7:30 pm on a rotational basis.
- Candidate must be qualified to work in the USA.
Dow Jones is a global provider of news and business information, delivering content to consumers and organizations around the world across multiple formats, including print, digital, mobile and live events. Dow Jones has produced unrivaled quality content for more than 125 years and today has one of the world’s largest news gathering operations globally. It produces leading publications and products including the flagship Wall Street Journal, America’s largest newspaper by paid circulation; Factiva, Barron’s, MarketWatch, Financial News, DJX, Dow Jones Risk & Compliance, Dow Jones Newswires, and Dow Jones VentureSource.
Equal Opportunity Employer:
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status. EEO/AA/M/F/Disabled/Vets
Requisition ID 2016-28758
Job Locations USA – NJ-PRINCETON
Job Function Data/Content
Business Area DATA STRATEGY
Job Area1 Research & Data Science
Job Area2 ..
Back to top