Content Analyst - Temporary
The Content Analyst, under minimal supervision, monitors specified industries and/or topics, and manages featured content in those areas. Other responsibilities include monitoring licensed, website, blog and social media content and maintaining data about them, writing and maintaining topic queries for display in the product, and compiling daily news summaries using published information, which may include presenting datain report format with tables, charts and context analysis.
- This is 6 month temporary position.
The role of the Content Analyst will be to work on content curation, newsletters, web crawling, translations and any other projects that may require non-English language and industry expertise. The Content Analyst is mainly responsible for:
- Monitoring content sources by language and industry sector to ensure that Dow Jones offers the best content to its subscribers.
- Writing and maintaining queries and selecting relevant news articles for specific clients based on their stated interests
- Writing and maintaining querieson news and industry topics for displaying relevant results in the product.
- Maintaining web agents to make sure that we crawl as much content and as efficiently as possible as well as adding new valuable sites to the Database.
- Translating product instructions and interfaces.
The Content Analyst is responsible for monitoring available content in an assigned language and/or group of industry sectors. This task involves thoroughly understanding what content exists in those areas on Factiva and surveying new or changed sources of information that could be included. The Content Analyst will typically suggest new websites and blogs to be added to Factiva, and suggest content that might be a candidate for licensing. This is done in cooperation with content and subject matter experts across Dow Jones, for example, the Content Licensing, Product and News groups.
Dow Jones Factiva crawls the content of approximately 13,000 web sites. The aim is to supplement Dow Jones’ archive of licensed sources through crawling content not otherwise available in Dow Jones. Using the relevant tools, the Content Analyst is responsible for monitoring web agent health and fixing agents as required as well as adding new valuable content. Dow Jones web content is indexed in the same way licensed content is.
Dow Jones offers a customized service for clients in which highly relevant news articles are delivered to the employees of a company/organization via email on a daily or weekly basis. The Content Analyst follows the client’s criteria to write targeted queries to retrieve news on the designated topics. Once the queries are working well, the Content Analyst will hand-select the most relevant news for the client, and produce and publish a newsletter through the Factiva Newsletter Builder. Some newsletter production is outsourced. In those cases, the Content Analyst is responsible for quality checking the content selection of our outsourcing partner.
The Content Analyst should be skilled at writing queries and fine-tuning results and on Factiva advanced search capabilities. The analyst will be responsible for writing queries on different topics on request that might be visible in the product. This will involve complex search strategies including the use of codes along with free text, Boolean operators, connectors and proximity operators, field restriction and saved source lists.
The Content Analyst is part of a team ensuring that the English Interface of Factiva.com is properly translated to all existing European language interfaces. The Content Analyst will check the Translate Database on a recurrent basis to retrieve new or modified tokens and translate them in a timely manner, and in coordination with proofreaders, he will ensure that the translation is as accurate and understandable as possible, making any necessary corrections before business availability.
Skills and Experience Required
- Fluency in English (both written and spoken) is essential
- Fluency in another European language is necessary, preferably Dutch, Italian or Scandinavian languages and at least a good working knowledge in a third language
- Educated to degree level and with excellent research and analytical skills
- Ability to use online tools to identify and extract key information
- Attention to detail with a fast, efficient and quality-focused work ethic
- Adaptability and willingness to learn new skills
- Good organizational skills. The candidate must be able to track and prioritize tasks
- Good interpersonal and communication skills
- Ability to work to deadlines independently and as part of a team
- Building Positive Working Relationships
- Customer Focus
Dow Jones is a global provider of news and business information, delivering content to consumers and organizations around the world across multiple formats, including print, digital, mobile and live events. Dow Jones has produced unrivaled quality content for more than 125 years and today has one of the world’s largest news gathering operations globally. It produces leading publications and products including the flagship Wall Street Journal, America’s largest newspaper by paid circulation; Factiva, Barron’s, MarketWatch, Financial News, DJX, Dow Jones Risk & Compliance, Dow Jones Newswires, and Dow Jones VentureSource.
Requisition ID 2016-28672
Job Locations ESP – BARCELONA
Job Function Data/Content
Business Area DATA STRATEGY
Job Area1 Research & Data Science
Job Area2 ..
Back to top