When you join Dow Jones you become part of one of the most dynamic news and information companies in the world. This position is part of DJ’s Data Strategy Group, which collects and integrates proprietary data and third-party licensed content, processing more than 500,000 articles a day from more than 35,000 news and business sources in 26 languages. Data Strategy also provides equity exchange data from 43 countries and creates content on markets, companies and people to help users identify business opportunities and manage risk.
We are looking for talented professionals to fill the following vacancy in our Singapore office:
Content Analyst (Chinese/Bahasa)
Content Analysts monitor industries and/or topics, and manage featured content in those areas. They also monitor licensed, website, blog and social media content. The role requires the ability and experience to develop search strategies, and to draw relevant results from large amounts of data. Content Analysts participate in curation for customized newsletters for specific clients and for product features like Home Pages and Factiva Expert Search. They have a strong interest in news.
In their role, Content Analysts are also innovators, with a direct line to the product team and regular interaction with sales and clients. They help shape the digital appearance of one of the most reputable media brands.
- Selecting news in the Factiva database, creating filters and developing search strategies to gather relevant results out of large amounts of data.
- Producing daily newsletters and accurately summarizing news articles in a few sentences in correct English, capturing the most important facts.
- Maintaining web agents to make sure that we crawl as much content and as efficiently as possible as well as adding new valuable sites to the database.
- Work effectively with a variety of internal resources and ensure customer issues are handled consistently and effectively. These include individuals in different locations, and from Product, Content, Marketing, Customer Service and Sales.
- Education to Bachelor’s degree level and with excellent research and analytical skills.
- Proven experience in research. Strong technical understanding of online research tools with the ability to process large amounts of data.
- General knowledge and personal interest in digital media. Strong interest in political and economic news.
- Organisational sensitivity and commercial awareness, with a good perception of client needs and able to take responsibility for customer satisfaction and loyalty.
- Ability to adjust plans quickly when issues arise and make sure that priority issues are handled effectively to accomplish goals and objectives.
- Fluency in English, Chinese and basic knowledge of Bahasa language.
- Ability to work to deadlines independently and as part of a team.
Dow Jones offers an opportunity to work for one of the world’s leading business news and information services companies. We invite interested candidates to submit in confidence a cover letter and detailed resume, contact details and current and expected salary to:
Please note only candidates requested for interview will be contacted.
Dow Jones is a global provider of news and business information, delivering content to consumers and organizations around the world across multiple formats, including print, digital, mobile and live events. Dow Jones has produced unrivaled quality content for more than 125 years and today has one of the world’s largest news gathering operations globally. It produces leading publications and products including the flagship Wall Street Journal, America’s largest newspaper by paid circulation; Factiva, Barron’s, MarketWatch, Financial News, DJX, Dow Jones Risk & Compliance, Dow Jones Newswires, and Dow Jones VentureSource.
Requisition ID 2016-28604
Job Locations SGP – SINGAPORE
Job Function Data/Content
Business Area DATA STRATEGY
Job Area1 Research & Data Science
Job Area2 ..
Back to top