Conference Sales Manager
The Conference Sales Manager will be responsible for introducing the portfolio of Wall Street Journal C-Suite memberships and conferences to an assigned territory comprised of large and strategic corporations and PR firms/agencies. The successful candidate will discover, build and maintain strong relationships in the corporate market.
He / she will work closely with corporate communication executives as well as internal and external PR executives to convey the value and benefits of Wall Street Journal C-Suite membership and conferences for the entire organization. This essential role contributes valuable revenue to the conferences team and also delivers circulation in WSJ Digital subscriptions.
With the goal to set up face-to-face meetings with C-suite Executives, PR Firms/Agencies, corporate communications and marketing executives, the sales representative will be expected to build a pipeline through successful outbound calls and email communications. The primary audience is corporate communications, marketing and offices of C-level executives and through telephone and in-person meetings, the sales representative must gain an understanding of their objectives and position C-Suite membership and conference attendance as solutions to address them. This work will involve aggressive prospecting to increase our memberships.
Additionally, the sales representative will build consensus among external and internal groups to promote Conferences and Events. The sales representative will be responsible for providing feedback regularly and participating in special projects where needed. This includes gathering intelligence about their market and suggesting custom strategies, communicating actions and sharing best practices with the team. This role involves collaborating with DJ teams to grow memberships overall.
This is a fixed term contract position.
Who is my manager?
Director, Professional Sales
What do you need from me?
- Extensive years sales experience. Experience selling to PR Firms/Communications contacts in the conferences/events space, preferred.
- College degree (or equivalent), preferably in marketing, communications, or a business discipline.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, including proven presentation skills. Includes ability to speak effectively with all levels of management.
- Excellent time management and organizational skills required.
- Excellent interpersonal skills. Understands how to work with different people and different working styles across the organization and inside member companies.
- Positive, energetic and dynamic self-starter.
- Ability to convey a sense of urgency.
- Ability to work with a sense of urgency.
- Ability to organize and prioritize tasks and meet deadlines.
- Resourceful style; willingness to take initiative, manage multiple tasks and projects at a time.
- Sets a strong example for others by working collaboratively, and in a congenial, professional manner.
How do I apply?
Dow Jones offers an exceptional opportunity to work for one of the world's leading financial and business news companies. We invite interested candidates to submit in confidence a cover letter and detailed resume stating your qualifications, contact details and current and expected salary via our Career Site.
Only shortlisted candidates will be notified
Dow Jones , Making Careers Newsworthy
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status. EEO/AA/M/F/Disabled/Vets .
Dow Jones is committed to providing reasonable accommodation for qualified individuals with disabilities, in our job application and/or interview process. If you need assistance or accommodation in completing your application, due to a disability, please reach out to us via email . Please put "Reasonable Accommodation" in the subject line.
Business Area: WSJ - CUSTOMER GROUP
Dow Jones is a global provider of news and business information, delivering content to consumers and organizations around the world across multiple formats, including print, digital, mobile and live events. Dow Jones has produced unrivaled quality content for more than 125 years and today has one of the world's largest news gathering operations globally. It produces leading publications and products including the flagship Wall Street Journal, America's largest newspaper by paid circulation; Factiva, Barron's, MarketWatch, Financial News, DJX, Dow Jones Risk & Compliance, Dow Jones Newswires, and Dow Jones VentureSource.Dow Jones is a division of News Corp (NASDAQ: NWS, NWSA; ASX: NWS, NWSLV).
If you require assistance in completing the online application, please contact the Talent Management team for Application Help at TalentResourceTeam@dowjones.com
Job Req 9107
Back to top