Conference Programming Coordinator
The Programming Coordinator will join the entrepreneurial team that produces best-in-class global conferences at The Wall Street Journal. The team creates, runs and manages successful conferences and by invitation membership groups which convene in major cities around the globe, bringing together the world's leading C Suite executives, politicians, industry experts and vertical business communities. The roster of conferences and membership groups will grow significantly over the next few years.
The role requires a high level of collaboration, coordination, attention to detail and ability to multitask. The successful candidate will be expected to work closely with colleagues in the US and APAC.
Programming Coordinator tasks:
- Create and maintain overall speaker contact database
- Keep track of speaker invitations and responses for individual events
- Maintain database of confirmed event speaker logistics: bios, photos, contacts, travel plans, special requests
- Templatize and manage communications to new speakers to ensure they are onboarded and welcomed after they've confirmed their participation
- Serve as internal contact and resource for speaker requests related, but not limited, to registration, logistics, agenda
- Confirm speakers' participation in specific conference events, i.e. receptions, dinners, etc.
- Copy edit speaker section of programs and websites
- Provide marketing dept. with speaker information
- Coordinate pre-event calls with editors
- Generate event-specific reports
- Ensure speakers are properly registered for events
- Templatize and manage post event thank you's to speakers
- Bachelors degree
- A minimum of two (2) years experience in relationship management or similar role.
- Excellent interpersonal skills. Understands how to work with different people and different working styles across the organization and inside member companies.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Positive, energetic and dynamic self-starter.
- Ability to convey a sense of urgency.
- Ability to organize and prioritize tasks and meet deadlines.
- Resourceful style; willingness to take initiative, manage multiple tasks and projects at a time.
- Sets a strong example for others by working collaboratively, and in a congenial, professional manner.
Dow Jones is a global provider of news and business information, delivering content to consumers and organizations around the world across multiple formats, including print, digital, mobile and live events. Dow Jones has produced unrivaled quality content for more than 125 years and today has one of the world's largest news gathering operations globally. It produces leading publications and products including the flagship Wall Street Journal, America's largest newspaper by paid circulation; Factiva, Barron's, MarketWatch, Financial News, DJX, Dow Jones Risk & Compliance, Dow Jones Newswires, and Dow Jones VentureSource.Dow Jones is a division of News Corp (NASDAQ: NWS, NWSA; ASX: NWS, NWSLV).
Equal Opportunity Employer:
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status. EEO/AA/M/F/Disabled/Vets
Requisition ID 2017-29947
Job Locations USA-NY-NEW YORK
Job Function Marketing
Business Area CONFERENCES
Job Area1 Marketing & Corp Comms
Job Area2 ..
Meet Some of Dow Jones's Employees
News Editor, WSJ
Geoff manages the Money Investing Section of the WSJ, coordinating visual, graphical, and copy content published in print and online to present readers with the best finance market stories.
Back to top