Join the dynamic Human Resources team of Dow Jones! Currently we are seeking a Compensation Manager to assist in the development, implementation and administration of a full range of compensation programs. This role will perform job evaluations for all levels of employees in the US and Internationally. It will oversee the administration of salary, bonus and sales incentive plans. Conduct and participate in compensation surveys. Provide advice on pay decisions, policy and guideline interpretation including the design of creative solutions to specific compensation-related programs
The right person is smart, quickly and accurately carries out procedure, is able to anticipate and troubleshoot problems, has a high emotional intelligence, is outgoing, and possesses a discernible sense of humor. Finally, you must love learning, reading, media and entertainment - we are a leading global publishing company after all, and our parent company is News Corporation.
- 5-7 years of compensation experience.
- Respond to inquiries from managers, HRBPs and recruiters to provide market analysis, information and advice tailored to each unique situation
- Experience in leading the annual salary review process
- Extensive knowledge of corporate bonus structures and sales incentive compensation
- Experience with Workday
- Global focus
- Attention to detail
- Strong analytical skills using both qualitative and quantitative data.
- Experience with relevant analytical tools (strong focus on spreadsheet applications).
- Critical HR Competencies, including process management, analytical skills & decision-making, and cultural awareness & global application.
- Requires a degree or country equivalent
- Experience with reporting/analytical tools, i.e. Excel, Google sheets, etc is a plus
- Consultative and collaborative style
- Communication and Influencing skills
- Project Planning and Management skills
Dow Jones , Making Careers Newsworthy
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status. EEO/AA/M/F/Disabled/Vets .
Dow Jones is committed to providing reasonable accommodation for qualified individuals with disabilities, in our job application and/or interview process. If you need assistance or accommodation in completing your application, due to a disability, please reach out to us at TalentResourceTeam@dowjones.com . Please put "Reasonable Accommodation" in the subject line.
Business Area: PEOPLE
Human Resources Group
Dow Jones is a global provider of news and business information, delivering content to consumers and organizations around the world across multiple formats, including print, digital, mobile and live events. Dow Jones has produced unrivaled quality content for more than 125 years and today has one of the world's largest news gathering operations globally. It produces leading publications and products including the flagship Wall Street Journal, America's largest newspaper by paid circulation; Factiva, Barron's, MarketWatch, Financial News, DJX, Dow Jones Risk & Compliance, Dow Jones Newswires, and Dow Jones VentureSource.Dow Jones is a division of News Corp (NASDAQ: NWS, NWSA; ASX: NWS, NWSLV).
Meet Some of Dow Jones's Employees
Katharine B.Product Team Head, The Wall Street Journal
Katharina supervises digital products for The Wall Street Journal. She leads a team of product managers, and together, they set goals and roadmaps for projects to improve the company’s apps, website, and off-platform experiences.
Back to top