Client Solutions, Specialist, Content, EMEA
Dow Jones is a global provider of news and business information, delivering content to consumers and organizations around the world across multiple formats, including print, digital, mobile and live events. Dow Jones has produced unrivaled quality content for more than 125 years and today has one of the world's largest news gathering operations globally. It produces leading publications and products including the flagship Wall Street Journal, America's largest newspaper by paid circulation; Factiva, Barron's, MarketWatch, Financial News, DJX, Dow Jones Risk & Compliance, Dow Jones Newswires, and Dow Jones VentureSource.
The role will focus on driving revenue through prospecting, negotiating and delivering successful custom content campaigns in EMEA. The role covers three main areas:
Sales: Having a presence in the market to win new business, craft effective responses to RFPs and negotiating the best margin for DJ on deals.
Creativity: Contributing to and enhancing the ideation process in response to client RFPs and proactive solutions.
Internal Process Management: working with the Solutions Engine teams to ensure goals are achievable, costs are controlled, client expectations are managed and results delivered.
- Strategic input into all on and off -platform content offerings in digital, print, mobile, tablet and increasingly, events sponsorship.
- Driving content sales on and off platform, special ad sections for EMEA
- Pitching & closing to clients & agencies both in conjunction with DJ Advertising Sales and independently
- Finding and meeting new clients and discover new budgets to tap into for content
- Working with WSJ Custom Studios to create proactive new content solutions
- Working with the wider NewsCorp publishing and broadcast divisions to create proactive, new content sales opportunities
- Oversight of contract negotiations
Skills & Experience
- BA or BS degree preferred
- Experience in working with sales teams
- Established client and agency relationships pan regionally (EMEA)
- Position requires hands-on sales executive experience with a proven track record of success selling multiple advertising platforms
- Candidates must excel at presenting complex client proposals, managing the overall sales process, and negotiating on behalf of multiple constituencies
- Excellent communication skills, a sense of urgency and a proven ability to cultivate client relationships is essential to this role
- Position requires broad knowledge of Dow Jones products to identify the best client solution for a campaign
- Willingness to explore and develop partnerships within News Corp and also with external platforms that can enhance the appeal of a proposal
Requisition ID 2017-30039
Job Locations GBR-LONDON
Job Function ..
Business Area PIB SALES - EMEA
Job Area1 Sales
Job Area2 ..
Meet Some of Dow Jones's Employees
News Editor, WSJ
Geoff manages the Money Investing Section of the WSJ, coordinating visual, graphical, and copy content published in print and online to present readers with the best finance market stories.
Back to top