Client Solutions Director, Conferences
The Live division of Dow Jones is one of the fastest growing areas of the business. With over 20 new
events launch in FY2018, we're looking for a passionate and experienced person to help us continue to
lead this growth and provide new ideas and opportunities for the business.
The Director of Live Specialty Sales is the internal and external product champion for conferences for Dow
Jones. This person will be accountable for increasing revenue across the Dow Jones portfolio of media
brands and responsible for developing and executing a holistic sales strategy across all platforms.
The position will support the Media Sales and Marketing team and with their deep product knowledge,
identify new growth opportunities, manage senior relationships and work closely with the WSJ
Conferences team to diversify and expand the conference portfolio.
• Manage a global team Client Solutions Specialists across multiple specialties on a day-to-day
basis; set goals and track performance of a team
• Deliver deep product & industry knowledge and insight in a sales environment
• Manage sales materials coordination and development for media solutions and partnership
propositions including custom content
• Build product profile/awareness with internal sales and sales development teams
• Support product sell-in, working with sector specific client relationship managers
• Engage clients and agencies directly, driving custom content revenue
• Coordinating pre and post meeting prep
• Liaise closely with the internal product teams and add value to the RFP cycle, which includes idea
• Minimum of 8+ years of experience in managing complex media sales with hands-on experience
of solution selling to business level decision makers.
• BA or BS degree preferred
• Comfortable in all selling situations and in interfacing directly with senior decision making clients.
• Deep understanding of custom content, plus other digital, mobile and print products.
• Keen awareness of social and social amplification options and vendors.
• Quick study, a passionate team player with strong creative thinking and idea generation skills.
Dow Jones , Making Careers Newsworthy
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status. EEO/AA/M/F/Disabled/Vets .
Dow Jones is committed to providing reasonable accommodation for qualified individuals with disabilities, in our job application and/or interview process. If you need assistance or accommodation in completing your application, due to a disability, please reach out to us at TalentResourceTeam@dowjones.com . Please put "Reasonable Accommodation" in the subject line.
Business Area: REVENUE - MEDIA
Dow Jones is a global provider of news and business information, delivering content to consumers and organizations around the world across multiple formats, including print, digital, mobile and live events. Dow Jones has produced unrivaled quality content for more than 125 years and today has one of the world's largest news gathering operations globally. It produces leading publications and products including the flagship Wall Street Journal, America's largest newspaper by paid circulation; Factiva, Barron's, MarketWatch, Financial News, DJX, Dow Jones Risk & Compliance, Dow Jones Newswires, and Dow Jones VentureSource.Dow Jones is a division of News Corp (NASDAQ: NWS, NWSA; ASX: NWS, NWSLV).
If you require assistance in completing the online application, please contact the Talent Management team for Application Help at TalentResourceTeam@dowjones.com
Job Req 11513
Meet Some of Dow Jones's Employees
Product Team Head, The Wall Street Journal
Katharina supervises digital products for The Wall Street Journal. She leads a team of product managers, and together, they set goals and roadmaps for projects to improve the company’s apps, website, and off-platform experiences.
Back to top