The Client Partner is responsible for developing new and existing client relationships within their industry sector with a view to delivering revenue targets by selling all Dow Jones products and services and increasing client satisfaction and retention across all brand and media solutions including custom content and conferences.
This role supports the Client Director for their industry sector and must be able to forecast sales activity and revenue achievement while creating referenceable customers.
- Develop and execute an effective relationship management plan for new and existing clients that positions us as the partner of choice for media solutions and drives revenue growth through face-to-face interactions.
- Own the client - proactively seek and create opportunities to establish a strong client relationship which leads to exceedingly high levels of retention and satisfaction.
- Maintain deep industry sector knowledge keeping abreast of industry trends and evangelize the value of Dow Jones products and solutions, proactively keeping clients abreast of new product offerings and product updates.
- Qualify opportunities by quickly grasping a client's complex business subject matter, focusing on the key aspects, defining the vision for delivering strategic and tangible business value using Dow Jones products and solutions.
- Work collaboratively with industry sector and solutions teams to produce proposal presentations and documentation in a timely manner.
- Close media sales opportunities in line with revenue targets.
Skills & Experience
- 5+ years client sales experience is necessary with prior advertising sales experience preferred
- Industry sector experience and/or understanding is required
- Demonstrated ability to deliver high levels of client service and drive revenue growth while managing multiple clients
- Superior verbal and written communication skills are essential.
- Must work with internal stakeholders across the Dow Jones to deliver market-leading client solution and partnership propositions.
- Bachelor's degree in Marketing or Communications is highly preferred
- Knowledge of Microsoft and Google productivity applications
- Knowledge of Salesforce.com
- Excellent organizational and project management skills are required
- Strong one on one and group presentations skills are essential.
- Strong knowledge of program ratings methodology is necessary
- A demonstrated ability to build and maintain effective business relationships is essential.
- Willingness to travel
Dow Jones is a global provider of news and business information, delivering content to consumers and organizations around the world across multiple formats, including print, digital, mobile and live events. Dow Jones has produced unrivaled quality content for more than 125 years and today has one of the world's largest news gathering operations globally. It produces leading publications and products including the flagship Wall Street Journal, America's largest newspaper by paid circulation; Factiva, Barron's, MarketWatch, Financial News, DJX, Dow Jones Risk & Compliance, Dow Jones Newswires, and Dow Jones VentureSource.Dow Jones is a division of News Corp (NASDAQ: NWS, NWSA; ASX: NWS, NWSLV).
Equal Opportunity Employer:
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status. EEO/AA/M/F/Disabled/Vets
Requisition ID 2017-29626
Job Locations USA-NY-NEW YORK
Job Function ..
Business Area ADVERTISING SALES
Job Area1 Sales
Job Area2 ..
Meet Some of Dow Jones's Employees
News Editor, WSJ
Geoff manages the Money Investing Section of the WSJ, coordinating visual, graphical, and copy content published in print and online to present readers with the best finance market stories.
Back to top