The Client Partner, Media Sales, is responsible for developing new and existing client relationships within the B2B sector with a view to delivering revenue targets by selling all Dow Jones consumer products and services and increasing client satisfaction and retention across all brand and media solutions including advertising, custom content and conferences. This role supports the Client Director and must be able to seek out and cultivate new business opportunities while creating the very best relationships with customers.
- Achieve and exceed revenue targets
- Develop and execute an effective relationship management plan for new as well as existing clients that positions us as the partner of choice for media solutions and drives revenue growth via new business growth and greater share-of-wallet, through face-to-face interactions.
- Own the client - proactively seek and create opportunities to establish a strong client relationship which leads to exceedingly high levels of retention and satisfaction.
- Cultivate and maintain deep industry sector knowledge keeping abreast of industry trends and evangelize the value of Dow Jones products and solutions, proactively keeping clients abreast of new product offerings and product updates.
- Qualify opportunities by quickly grasping a client's complex business subject matter, focusing on the key aspects, defining the vision for delivering strategic and tangible business value using Dow Jones products and solutions.
- Work collaboratively with internal stakeholders and support teams to produce market-leading solutions and partnership proposals and reports in a timely manner.
Skills & Experience
- Min 3+ years client sales experience, with prior advertising sales experience preferred.
- A demonstrated ability to build and maintain effective business relationships and provide high service level is essential.
- Prior experience (ideally in Singapore) in selling B2B advertising, custom content and conference programs is preferred.
- Positive, self-driven and motivated.
- Industry sector understanding and/or interest is required.
- Superior verbal and written communication skills are essential.
- Excellent organizational and project management skills are required.
- Strong one on one and group presentations skills are essential.
- Knowledge of syndicated research and campaign performance metrics as sales tools.
- Bachelor's degree in Business, Marketing or Communications is highly preferred.
- Knowledge of Microsoft and Google productivity applications.
- Knowledge of Salesforce.com.
- Willingness to travel.
Dow Jones recruits high achievers, self-motivated and innovative thinkers and we offer an opportunity to work for one of the world's leading financial and business news companies. Those of you who think that this could be your most exciting sales call of the day and know that you can make an immediate contribution to the success of Dow Jones in Asia, we want to hear from you!
We invite interested candidates to submit a cover letter and detailed resume stating your qualifications, contact details, current and expected salary to us.
Please note only candidates requested for interview will be contacted
Dow Jones , Making Careers Newsworthy
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status. EEO/AA/M/F/Disabled/Vets .
Dow Jones is committed to providing reasonable accommodation for qualified individuals with disabilities, in our job application and/or interview process. If you need assistance or accommodation in completing your application, due to a disability, please reach out to us via email . Please put "Reasonable Accommodation" in the subject line.
Business Area: REVENUE - MEDIA
Dow Jones is a global provider of news and business information, delivering content to consumers and organizations around the world across multiple formats, including print, digital, mobile and live events. Dow Jones has produced unrivaled quality content for more than 125 years and today has one of the world's largest news gathering operations globally. It produces leading publications and products including the flagship Wall Street Journal, America's largest newspaper by paid circulation; Factiva, Barron's, MarketWatch, Financial News, DJX, Dow Jones Risk & Compliance, Dow Jones Newswires, and Dow Jones VentureSource.Dow Jones is a division of News Corp (NASDAQ: NWS, NWSA; ASX: NWS, NWSLV).
If you require assistance in completing the online application, please contact the Talent Management team for Application Help at TalentResourceTeam@dowjones.com
Meet Some of Dow Jones's Employees
Product Team Head, The Wall Street Journal
Katharina supervises digital products for The Wall Street Journal. She leads a team of product managers, and together, they set goals and roadmaps for projects to improve the company’s apps, website, and off-platform experiences.
Back to top