DESCRIPTION OF MAJOR JOB RESPONSIBILITIES: (DESCRIBE ALL JOB DUTIES)
- Resolution of all delivery complaints, including special correspondence/VIP/educational and all escalated priority complaints for their markets. Monitor daily complaint volume and track Complaint/1,000 (CPM) copies delivered by market.
- Provide CPM information for each market and working to meet national and individual CPM goals.
- Working with SMOG (Gerdy) on market analyses and reviewing potential competition to help DJ realize best rates and best service for each market.
- Review hand insertion schedules and communicate with distributors and plants. Confirm completion and volume inserted within 48 hours of the insert date, update SIMS system accordingly.
- Maintaining sample percentage parameters
- Work with distributors on expanded coverage and mail lists conversions.
- Plastic bag ordering/shipping, tracking inventory to insure quantities to fulfill the needs for contractors where the company provides these supplies.
Financial payment processing:
- Review and approve weekly contractor payables for distributors and transportation service providers.
- Confirm approved rate changes are captured correctly on weekly payables.
- Reviews SIMS inserting report for actual circulation delivered per event and confirm it is captured correctly on weekly payables.
- Submit one-off/one time charges outside basic contracts at appointed time each week.
- Approved rate change forms must be submitted in writing weekly to Field Support Ops. as rates change.
Single Copy sales:
- Build and maintain wholesaler relationships, conduct audits (as assigned), facilitate account base growth, follow up on missing returns, coordinate merchandising and amenity orders, work with Accounts Receivable for accounts in arrears, update airport sales reports, working to develop EDI formats.
- Responsible to coordinate with the Production, Sales & SC Systems departments the delivery of all new orders including merchandising copies, conventions, amenity and all new SCS order.
- Responsible to coordinate with the Production, Sales & Matrix departments, the creation/correction to top wraps and delivery of any late draw changes or late new order received.
- Use standardized Circ. system list of information & file formats provided via the 3rd Party Delivery Table.
- Responsible to add new contractors and keep info current on all circ. systems and related tables.
- Responsible to keep error labels at a minimum in markets where address labels are used.
- Update/keep current Zip Code & Redelivery Database information used by Advertising and Customer Service.
Work with Production to update dispatch schedules with critical departure/arrival times per drop, dispatch order and efficient consolidation/planning to minimize the number of trucks used nightly.
Dow Jones , Making Careers Newsworthy
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status. EEO/AA/M/F/Disabled/Vets .
Dow Jones is committed to providing reasonable accommodation for qualified individuals with disabilities, in our job application and/or interview process. If you need assistance or accommodation in completing your application, due to a disability, please reach out to us at TalentResourceTeam@dowjones.com . Please put "Reasonable Accommodation" in the subject line.
Business Area: PRINT PRODUCTS & SERVICES
Dow Jones is a global provider of news and business information, delivering content to consumers and organizations around the world across multiple formats, including print, digital, mobile and live events. Dow Jones has produced unrivaled quality content for more than 125 years and today has one of the world's largest news gathering operations globally. It produces leading publications and products including the flagship Wall Street Journal, America's largest newspaper by paid circulation; Factiva, Barron's, MarketWatch, Financial News, DJX, Dow Jones Risk & Compliance, Dow Jones Newswires, and Dow Jones VentureSource.Dow Jones is a division of News Corp (NASDAQ: NWS, NWSA; ASX: NWS, NWSLV).
If you require assistance in completing the online application, please contact the Talent Management team for Application Help at TalentResourceTeam@dowjones.com
Meet Some of Dow Jones's Employees
Product Team Head, The Wall Street Journal
Katharina supervises digital products for The Wall Street Journal. She leads a team of product managers, and together, they set goals and roadmaps for projects to improve the company’s apps, website, and off-platform experiences.
Back to top