Chief Client Officer
In this role, the Chief Client Officer is an experienced media sales executive who can work closely with all major buying centres within our major clients to develop solutions that best suit the client. The candidate must have managed relationships with senior level clients as well as in the agency/media buying community and is someone who thrives in working in a highly convergent media environment. The candidate will be comfortable leading and driving a global team of industry aligned digital media executives.
- Leading, motivating and retaining a high-performing, high energy and customer focused team of media executives who are passionate about delivering results in a quickly evolving digital environment
- Overseeing a customer-focused media sales team in developing a pipeline of qualified media prospects large enough to meet or exceed financial goals
- Identifying and cultivating revenue opportunities with category focus (i.e. Finance, Auto, CPG, QSR, etc.) to source and structure new business, with both new and existing clients
- Maintaining a keen focus on identifying client challenges and translating them into opportunities to sell media solutions
- Managing client relationships from initial pitch through transition/onboarding, onto long-term engagements of ongoing strategic management and leadership
- Establish and execute a strategic plan for client and agency relationships to drive large, long-term engagements
- Understanding client's marketing needs and business models to expedite sales cycles
- Communicating industry opportunities to management and helping facilitate conversations and initiatives designed to best position the company for success
- Creatively explore upsell/leverage opportunities with existing media buyers.
- Must be able to understand and sell our offerings from across Dow Jones to our biggest clients
- Building deep, trusted relationships/partnerships with media holding companies, agencies and partners to serve their varied needs
- Think creatively, sell strategically, multitask and communicate efficiently both internally and externally
- Ability to manage sales pipeline, utilize Dynamics and articulate monthly, quarterly and annual revenue projections and delivery to executive team
- Understanding the company's capabilities and accurately articulating value and media propositions
- Be a leading voice within the company regarding overall media sales strategy and for individual deal/account strategy
Skills & Experience:
- 10+ years of proven revenue development and media selling experience within large traditional media, organizations in progressively responsible roles focused on digital media expertise, preferably in selling to Fortune 500 C-level decision makers and/or similar senior level agency decision makers
- Proven history of selling deep and consultative media solutions to top brands and agencies
- Proven track record of successfully closing multi year, multi-million dollar media partnership and/or sponsorship deals.
- Deep understanding of the media business, including key players, business models, competitive forces, and strategic issues
- Track record of delivering tangible results, be it sales targets, deals closed, or other quantifiable achievements.
- Strong goal orientation with proven track record of building a pipeline of new business and exceeding established financial targets
- Comfortable structuring, interpreting and overseeing drafting of insertion orders and contracts
- Experience managing, coaching and developing a team
Dow Jones is a global provider of news and business information, delivering content to consumers and organizations around the world across multiple formats, including print, digital, mobile and live events. Dow Jones has produced unrivaled quality content for more than 125 years and today has one of the world's largest news gathering operations globally. It produces leading publications and products including the flagship Wall Street Journal, America's largest newspaper by paid circulation; Factiva, Barron's, MarketWatch, Financial News, DJX, Dow Jones Risk & Compliance, Dow Jones Newswires, and Dow Jones VentureSource.Dow Jones is a division of News Corp (NASDAQ: NWS, NWSA; ASX: NWS, NWSLV).
Equal Opportunity Employer:
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status. EEO/AA/M/F/Disabled/Vets
Requisition ID 2017-29429
Job Locations USA-NY-NEW YORK
Job Function ..
Business Area ADVERTISING SALES
Job Area1 Sales
Job Area2 ..
Meet Some of Dow Jones's Employees
News Editor, WSJ
Geoff manages the Money Investing Section of the WSJ, coordinating visual, graphical, and copy content published in print and online to present readers with the best finance market stories.
Back to top