Business Manager for Data Engineering
The Business Manager for Data Engineering will report to the Vice President of Program Management and will support the Data SET (Science, Engineering/Mining, and Transformation) team. The Business Manager role is responsible for a mix of project, financial, event and people management activities.
Specific Responsibilities Include:
- Perform portfolio management including, providing inputs to SOWs, creating and tracking Purchase Orders, coordinating invoicing, and regular monthly budgeting and forecasting activities. (changing and moving this up)
- Oversee the hiring and equipping of 5-7 teams within Data Engineering that will build upon the Customer Data Platform
- General vendor management including staying on top of resourcing and general satisfaction with vendor deliverables
- Coordinating and managing events that will drive data awareness across the organization
- Perform portfolio management including the operations of vendor engagement, budget forecasting, SOWs etc.
- Provide project management and analytical support to contribute to Customer Data Platform product and platform.
- Bachelor's degree
- 5+ years experience in portfolio and project management
- Familiarity with data engineering and big data
- Background managing all the PM knowledge areas through the full project life cycle
- Experience with a variety of software development methodologies with an emphasis on Agile (scrum, kanban, or other)
- Effective team player with exceptional organizational and communication skills
- Problem solving skills
- Time management skills
- A self-starter, confident, energetic, positive, focused, dependable, proactive, resourceful and possesses a "can do" attitude
- Ability to work well under timeframe pressure, handling multiple projects at the same time and posting colleagues on progress regularly
Dow Jones , Making Careers Newsworthy
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status. EEO/AA/M/F/Disabled/Vets .
Dow Jones is committed to providing reasonable accommodation for qualified individuals with disabilities, in our job application and/or interview process. If you need assistance or accommodation in completing your application, due to a disability, please reach out to us at TalentResourceTeam@dowjones.com . Please put "Reasonable Accommodation" in the subject line.
Business Area: TECHNOLOGY - DATA SET/AD TECH
Job Category: IT Development Group
Dow Jones is a global provider of news and business information, delivering content to consumers and organizations around the world across multiple formats, including print, digital, mobile and live events. Dow Jones has produced unrivaled quality content for more than 125 years and today has one of the world's largest news gathering operations globally. It produces leading publications and products including the flagship Wall Street Journal, America's largest newspaper by paid circulation; Factiva, Barron's, MarketWatch, Financial News, DJX, Dow Jones Risk & Compliance, Dow Jones Newswires, and Dow Jones VentureSource.Dow Jones is a division of News Corp (NASDAQ: NWS, NWSA; ASX: NWS, NWSLV).
If you are a current employee at Dow Jones, do not apply here. Please go to the Career section on your Workday homepage and view "Find Jobs - Dow Jones." Thank you.
Req ID: 16804
Back to top