As the Business Manager for the Membership team, you will undertake a range of activities to support operations and planning within the Executive’s business area.
The role is designed to provide a level of support to the Executive that incorporates awareness and knowledge of business needs and objectives to ensure time is used as effectively and efficiently as possible. The Business Manager is responsible for keeping aware of activity around the business and disseminating information and actions to Executive, his/her direct reports and to other managers and employees as needed. S/he is expected to serve as a/the main point of contact for the Executive on a day-to-day basis, accompanying the Executive to meetings, during travel and to events in/out of the office, ensuring all needs/asks are promptly and consistently resolved.
Required/desired skills and abilities:
- Ability to work independently and manage simultaneous activities in a fast-paced business environment.
- Ability to collaborate across multiple teams.
- Must have strong verbal and written business communication skills. Ability to communicate in a clear and effective manner at a senior level.
- A demonstrated interest and aptitude in core business problems and challenges, especially those unique to the journalism and media industries.
- Experience working in senior administration/executive support function(s).
- Highly organized with strong attention to recording and recalling details.
- Flexible schedule; available for international/domestic travel, occasionally at the last minute.
About Dow Jones
Dow Jones is a global provider of news and business information, delivering content to consumers and organizations around the world across multiple formats, including print, digital, mobile and live events. Dow Jones has produced unrivaled quality content for more than 130 years and today has one of the world’s largest newsgathering operations globally. It produces leading publications and products including the flagship Wall Street Journal, America’s largest newspaper by paid circulation; Factiva, Barron’s, MarketWatch, Financial News, DJX, Dow Jones Risk & Compliance, Dow Jones Newswires, and Dow Jones VentureSource.Dow Jones is a division of News Corp (NASDAQ: NWS, NWSA; ASX: NWS, NWSLV).
Equal Opportunity Employer:
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status. EEO/AA/M/F/Disabled/Vets
Requisition ID 2016-28413
Job Locations USA – NY-NEW YORK
Job Function Office Administration
Business Area CONSUMER SALES & MARKETING
Job Area1 Marketing & Corp Comms
Job Area2 ..
Meet Some of Dow Jones's Employees
Subscriber Services Manager
Sendi works in Subscription Department at Dow Jones, dealing with fraudulent complaints and providing customer service support for WSJ, WSJ+, Barron's, and its affiliated sub-agencies.
Back to top