Business Development Manager, Risk & Compliance
- Berlin, Germany
Position: Sales Specialist, Risk & Compliance
Reports to: EMEA Sales Director, Dow Jones Risk & Compliance
Location: Frankfurt (or Berlin)
Dow Jones Risk & Compliance is a specialist team within the wider Dow Jones organization. With over 400 staff around the world dedicated to the development and ongoing management of content-based solutions, monitoring technology and research services designed to help our global customers meet exacting customer, payments, sourcing and trade finance screening requirements. Over 4,500 clients globally - both in the financial, corporate and governmental area - are relying on our services for their anti-money laundering, counter terrorist financing and third-party risk management programmes globally.
Join our growing team, we are looking for business development professionals to partner with the Risk & Compliance Sales, Product and Marketing teams globally and the wider Dow Jones sales team to grow the Risk & Compliance business in the DACH region. Based in Frankfurt or Berlin, with extensive travel across the DACH region, you will manage the complete solutions sales cycle for Dow Jones Risk & Compliance suite of products.
- Identify, qualify, develop and close new business for the entire Risk & Compliance product portfolio to achieve individual New Business Revenue and overall Group revenue goals.
- Engage with regulators and other thought leaders across the region.
- Speak at industry events.
- Work as a support member for the sales teams across the region accelerating sales opportunities.
- Work with marketing management to ensure that events, PR, branding and communication supports sales objectives and execution plans.
- Maintain relationship with external facilitators such as technology companies providing advisory services to the market.
- Educate the sales teams about the Risk & Compliance market dynamics, competition and develop positioning and knowledge for success.
- Contribute thought leadership around the strategic direction of the Risk & Compliance business on subjects such as brand, positioning, value proposition and product roadmap.
- Contribute to or lead the writing of any proposal, statement of work or technical document relating the products.
- Participate in, lead or coach the negotiation of terms, conditions, or price leading to closure of the contract.
- Fluency in German and English. Additional European languages an advantage.
- Degree level education.
- 5+ years of experience selling information or compliance tools to senior business decision makers.
- Experience driving new business opportunities within new prospects, and upselling to existing Dow Jones customers within a team selling environment.
- Knowledge about customers' issues to demonstrate/convey an understanding of it.
- Comprehensive Healthcare Plans
- Paid Time Off
- Retirement Plans
- Career Development Programs
- Flexible Working
- Comprehensive Insurance Plans
- Education Benefits
- Family Care Benefits
- Commuter Transit Program
- Subscription Discounts
- Employee Referral Program
If you feel that this exciting position matches your experience, please submit your CV. Please note that only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
Dow Jones , Making Careers Newsworthy
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status. EEO/AA/M/F/Disabled/Vets .
Dow Jones is committed to providing reasonable accommodation for qualified individuals with disabilities, in our job application and/or interview process. If you need assistance or accommodation in completing your application, due to a disability, please reach out to us at TalentResourceTeam@dowjones.com. Please put "Reasonable Accommodation" in the subject line.
Business Area: PIB - SALES
Job Category: Sales Group
Since 1882, Dow Jones has been finding new ways to bring information to the world's top business entities. Beginning as a niche news agency in an obscure Wall Street basement, Dow Jones has grown to be a worldwide news and information powerhouse, with prestigious brands including The Wall Street Journal, Dow Jones Newswires, Factiva, Barron's, MarketWatch and Financial News.
This longevity and success is due to a relentless pursuit of accuracy, depth and innovation, enhanced by the wisdom of past experience and a solid grasp on the future ahead. More than its individual brands, Dow Jones is a modern gateway to intelligence, with innovative technology, advanced data feeds, integrated solutions, expert research, award-winning journalism and customizable apps and delivery systems to bring the information that matters most to customers, when and where they need it, every day.
If you are a current employee at Dow Jones, do not apply here. Please go to the Career section on your Workday homepage and view "Find Jobs - Dow Jones." Thank you.
Req ID: 21300
Back to top