As a member of the Global Sales Operations team, the Business Analyst role will be responsible for conducting research and analysis to quantify business opportunities and issues. The Business Analyst will work with multiple stakeholders to evaluate business needs and provide analytics and recommendations to enable business decisions.
The Business Analyst will provide or assist in providing sales support, analysis, sales performance metrics observations & recommendations predominantly for use by the Sales Management team. The role will be expected to find efficient and repeatable means to provide this analysis.
The role will include focus on process analysis and improvement and will require a solid understanding of all roles in the end to end sales process and an ability to translate this into recommendations to improve effectiveness and efficiency of the relevant processes. The Business Analyst will be expected to manage some of these improvements through to execution.
Success will ultimately be based on increased productivity of the sales group and its management through the reduction of non value added tasks and in provision of data and insights to help management make informed business decisions.
• Take a leading role in developing metrics based on specific management requirements and a supporting role in providing other regular reporting as needed
• Review reporting output and provide analysis and suggestions based on outcomes
• Monitor adherence to sales process as viewed via CRM. Identify non-compliance and via Sales Management, ensure that relevant feedback is provided to the team member(s)
• Support process definition, documentation and review to enable improvements in effectiveness and efficiency of existing or new processes.
• Liaise as required with internal networks and colleagues in departments
• Participate in ad hoc projects, either as project manager or in supporting role, as required
Skills & Experience
• Sales operations experience within a B2B sales team preferred
• Excellent knowledge of Excel
• Strong working knowledge of other Microsoft Office and Google equivalent preferred
• Excellent interpersonal and networking skills.
• Excellent oral and written communication
• Knowledge of Salesforce.com preferred
• Detailed comprehension of all aspects of the sales process.
• High level of initiative and self-motivation and ability to work in a team environment. Proactive, with a "can do" attitude and the ability to adapt in a fast-changing environment.
• Excellent planning and organizing skills. Good problem-solving and analytical skills with the ability to evaluate issues and conflicts and make timely decisions.
• Very good organizational sensitivity and commercial awareness, with a good perception of client requirements and the ability to take responsibility for customer satisfaction and loyalty.
• Consistently demonstrate key skills such as listening, questioning, fact-finding, resolving issues, and resolving requests or concerns.
Dow Jones , Making Careers Newsworthy
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status. EEO/AA/M/F/Disabled/Vets .
Dow Jones is committed to providing reasonable accommodation for qualified individuals with disabilities, in our job application and/or interview process. If you need assistance or accommodation in completing your application, due to a disability, please reach out to us at TalentResourceTeam@dowjones.com . Please put "Reasonable Accommodation" in the subject line.
Business Area: REVENUE - CORP SALES
Dow Jones is a global provider of news and business information, delivering content to consumers and organizations around the world across multiple formats, including print, digital, mobile and live events. Dow Jones has produced unrivaled quality content for more than 125 years and today has one of the world's largest news gathering operations globally. It produces leading publications and products including the flagship Wall Street Journal, America's largest newspaper by paid circulation; Factiva, Barron's, MarketWatch, Financial News, DJX, Dow Jones Risk & Compliance, Dow Jones Newswires, and Dow Jones VentureSource.Dow Jones is a division of News Corp (NASDAQ: NWS, NWSA; ASX: NWS, NWSLV).
If you require assistance in completing the online application, please contact the Talent Management team for Application Help at TalentResourceTeam@dowjones.com
Meet Some of Dow Jones's Employees
Product Team Head, The Wall Street Journal
Katharina supervises digital products for The Wall Street Journal. She leads a team of product managers, and together, they set goals and roadmaps for projects to improve the company’s apps, website, and off-platform experiences.
Back to top