Specialist, GREFS, Maintenance
Maintenance Specialist will be responsible for providing support and assistance to Senior Building Manager in order to maintain the orderly condition of the NY buildings.
Assists the Director of Facilities and Construction, Workplace Design and IT Department.
Must have knowledge and experience working with tools. Able to lift 50 pounds. Must be able to read work orders and have basic computer knowledge. Must be able to work overtime as needed.
- Brings to Manager's attention emergency events, any areas safety concerns and repairs.
- Under supervision, keeps all areas of the building well maintained.
- Undertake any presented training that may be applicable to maintenance facilities support.
- Interacts on a daily basis with Dow Jones employees and provides assistance as requested.
- Retrieves, completes and inputs work orders through the Archibus System.
- Set-up of conference rooms, providing additional chairs, opening walls, providing tables for large in-house events.
- Meets various contractors for scheduled preventative maintenance and construction projects.
- Plasters and paints offices, common areas, storage rooms, etc.
- Hangs various signage, art works, and bulletin boards.
- Takes care of minor plumbing needs.
- Replaces all light bulbs, keeps inventory of light bulbs, stores used light bulbs for recycling.
- Keeps inventory of maintenance supplies, materials, and indicates when items need to be ordered.
- Cleans and maintains maintenance shop, storage rooms, mechanical rooms, all power tools and equipment.
- Assembles and installs ergonomic equipment.
- Moves and repairs broken furniture. Assists in accepting furniture deliveries and removals.
- Replaces carpet tiles and ceiling tiles as needed.
- Internal moves and relocation of employees.
Dow Jones , Making Careers Newsworthy
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status. EEO/AA/M/F/Disabled/Vets .
Dow Jones is committed to providing reasonable accommodation for qualified individuals with disabilities, in our job application and/or interview process. If you need assistance or accommodation in completing your application, due to a disability, please reach out to us at TalentResourceTeam@dowjones.com . Please put "Reasonable Accommodation" in the subject line.
Business Area: GREF & SECURITY
Dow Jones is a global provider of news and business information, delivering content to consumers and organizations around the world across multiple formats, including print, digital, mobile and live events. Dow Jones has produced unrivaled quality content for more than 125 years and today has one of the world's largest news gathering operations globally. It produces leading publications and products including the flagship Wall Street Journal, America's largest newspaper by paid circulation; Factiva, Barron's, MarketWatch, Financial News, DJX, Dow Jones Risk & Compliance, Dow Jones Newswires, and Dow Jones VentureSource.Dow Jones is a division of News Corp (NASDAQ: NWS, NWSA; ASX: NWS, NWSLV).
If you require assistance in completing the online application, please contact the Talent Management team for Application Help at TalentResourceTeam@dowjones.com
Meet Some of Dow Jones's Employees
Product Team Head, The Wall Street Journal
Katharina supervises digital products for The Wall Street Journal. She leads a team of product managers, and together, they set goals and roadmaps for projects to improve the company’s apps, website, and off-platform experiences.
Back to top