Job Description :
Manage andexecute company-wide, and possible Shared servicesinvoice functions. This includes reconciliation and balancing daily, weekly and calendar month invoicing. Review and monitor various billing and order entry systems for accuracy in invoice presentation. Serve as subject matter expert on questions regarding various invoicing issues and billing systems. Research and resolve all errors and discrepancies. Possess good working knowledge of month-to-month differences to help drive questions and attention regarding all processes. Run reports and troubleshoot as needed. Comply with billing internal controls, and participate in special projects.Establish and maintain positive business relationships both internally and externally to promote company goals. Establish and ensure compliance with standard procedures and/or written instructions to perform job duties. Train team and provide guidance to department and business on billing issues.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Manage billing, adjustments, reconciliation, balancing, research and customer service related activities supporting the company’s business operations
- Coordinate working between departments, collections, dispute management, sales and upper management.
- Provide policy and procedures where necessary, and coordinate with other departments or businesses to this end.
- Provide guidance and training to team, department and business as necessary
- Ensure billing cycles are handled efficiently and accurately
- Work in a team environment, while establishing and building strong relationships both internally and externally to promote company goals
- Learn systems in a timely manner and adapt to changing processes and procedures
- Comply with company and departmental policies, procedures and performance standards
- Analyze and answer inquires from internal and external customers.
- Utilize systems and tools in order to achieve department objectives
- Monitor new processes and workflows to ensure they work as intended
- Identify opportunities for improvement
- Stakeholder relationship management
- Work well with others, while still maintaining a gatekeeper role, to impact and influence the direction of the team towards shared goals, developing, gaining and demonstrating respect for others within the team.
- Ensure team is well trained and performing tasks assigned
- Perform necessary tasks as manager to promote growth and learning within the team
- Complete administrative tasks and perform other related duties as assigned
- Ability to work in a global organization with staff/team that may be located around the world
- Participate in special projects
- Understanding of the billing and customer service activities, generally accepted accounting principles, and internal accounting controls
- Demonstrate strong organizational and interpersonal communication skills,
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite of products including, but not limited to Excel, and Word
- Experience in a global environment
- Experience in multiple currencies
- Shared Service experience a plus
- Ability to work in a deadline & detail orientated environment
- Ability to adapt to constantly changing environments & priorities
- Excellent communication skills; verbal and written as well as excellent phone etiquette.
- Demonstrated ability to interact effectively with individuals at many levels in the organization and external business contacts.
- Must be able to direct independent work and to exercise good sound judgment.
- Ability to interpret and follow oral and written instructions, policies, guidelines, and processing standards.
- Effective research and problem solving skills with attention to detail and accuracy
- Experience in Salesforce.com, CIBS, JIRA, PSBilling and AR a plus.
- 4 + years of related experience
- Experience in managing a team of 4 or more
Dow Jones is a global provider of news and business information, delivering content to consumers and organizations around the world across multiple formats, including print, digital, mobile and live events. Dow Jones has produced unrivaled quality content for more than 125 years and today has one of the world’s largest news gathering operations globally. It produces leading publications and products including the flagship Wall Street Journal, America’s largest newspaper by paid circulation; Factiva, Barron’s, MarketWatch, Financial News, DJX, Dow Jones Risk & Compliance, Dow Jones Newswires, and Dow Jones VentureSource.
Equal Opportunity Employer:
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status. EEO/AA/M/F/Disabled/Vets
Requisition ID 2016-28714
Job Locations USA – NJ-PRINCETON
Job Function Finance
Business Area FINANCE
Job Area1 People, Legal, Finance
Job Area2 People, Legal, Finance
Back to top