Main areas of responsibilities for this position include APAC benefit plan and programs and People systems.
- Provide full support on all benefits and related plans and programs in APAC including but not limited to annual renewal and benefits review/administration from time to time.
- Work together with the regional teams to ensure benefit plans/programs in APAC is consistent with market practice or local norms (including other applicable affiliates/associated entities) and compliant with local regulations.
- Provide input for benefits strategy and collaborate with People colleagues to align with the overall business strategy and achieve desired outcome.
- Handle benefits analysis including any relevant reporting for APAC as and when required.
- Participate in C&B surveys and provide recommendations in line with the overall strategy.
- Act as the liaison person in Asia in coordinating all People systems and related matters between APAC team members and the operations team to ensure data is kept up-to-date and accurate in the systems.
- Prepare and administer documentation relating to People systems and Benefit programs as required.
- Assist and support special projects, as required from time to time, including those related to the development and implementation of global People policies, tools and practices.
Skills, Knowledge and Experience required:
- Sound working knowledge and experience on Benefits administration and HR systems.
- Solid knowledge on employment law and provident fund legislations of Hong Kong and familiarity on the same for other Asian countries preferred.
- Excellent Excel and system skills with hands on experience in HR systems such as Workday.
- A proactive approach with effective problem-solving and analytical skills.
- Fluency in English with strong communication skills
- Degree level education with minimum of 4 years' relevant and solid experience
Dow Jones offers an opportunity to work for one of the world's leading financial and business news companies. We invite interested candidates to submit in confidence a cover note and detailed resume stating your qualifications, current and expected salary.
Please note that only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
Dow Jones , Making Careers Newsworthy
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status. EEO/AA/M/F/Disabled/Vets .
Dow Jones is committed to providing reasonable accommodation for qualified individuals with disabilities, in our job application and/or interview process. If you need assistance or accommodation in completing your application, due to a disability, please reach out to us at TalentResourceTeam@dowjones.com . Please put "Reasonable Accommodation" in the subject line.
Business Area: PEOPLE
The Wall Street Journal is a global news organization that provides leading news, information, commentary and analysis. The Wall Street Journal engages readers across print, digital, mobile, social, and video. Building on its heritage as the preeminent source of global business and financial news, the Journal includes coverage of U.S. and world news, politics, arts, culture, lifestyle, sports, and health. It holds 36 Pulitzer Prizes for outstanding journalism. The Wall Street Journal is published by Dow Jones, a division of News Corp (NASDAQ: NWS, NWSA; ASX: NWS, NWSLV).
If you require assistance in completing the online application, please contact the Talent Management team for Application Help at TalentResourceTeam@dowjones.com
Job Req 11827
Meet Some of Dow Jones's Employees
Product Team Head, The Wall Street Journal
Katharina supervises digital products for The Wall Street Journal. She leads a team of product managers, and together, they set goals and roadmaps for projects to improve the company’s apps, website, and off-platform experiences.
Back to top