Barron’s Markets Managing Editor
Reports to the Editor in Chief.
- The editor must be ambitious and deeply passionate about sophisticated, real-time coverage of global markets – including bonds, stocks, foreign exchange, commodities, or derivative.
- He or she will work closely with reporters - potentially including reporters in international locations - the visuals team and production team to schedule and produce agenda-setting storytelling, including, where relevant, graphics, video and other rich media.
- He or she will also write and produce content, and edit copy for accuracy and quality of storytelling. He or she will be an expert headline writer.
- The Markets Managing Editor will seek opportunities for the team to engage with TV and radio, and will engage on social media to ensure Barron's is at the forefront of smart conversations about the markets.
- He or she will also seek opportunities to launch new markets products including newsletters, podcasts, video and live events, where applicable, to engage new audiences and to serve existing audiences in the best possible ways.
- He or she must have 5 years of real time markets coverage and experience of managing small teams.
Dow Jones is a global provider of news and business information, delivering content to consumers and organizations around the world across multiple formats, including print, digital, mobile and live events. Dow Jones has produced unrivaled quality content for more than 125 years and today has one of the world's largest news gathering operations globally. It produces leading publications and products including the flagship Wall Street Journal, America's largest newspaper by paid circulation; Factiva, Barron's, MarketWatch, Financial News, DJX, Dow Jones Risk & Compliance, Dow Jones Newswires, and Dow Jones VentureSource.Dow Jones is a division of News Corp (NASDAQ: NWS, NWSA; ASX: NWS, NWSLV).
Equal Opportunity Employer:
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status. EEO/AA/M/F/Disabled/Vets
Requisition ID 2017-30341
Job Locations USA-NY-NEW YORK
Job Function ..
Business Area BARRON'S
Job Area1 News
Job Area2 ..
Meet Some of Dow Jones's Employees
News Editor, WSJ
Geoff manages the Money Investing Section of the WSJ, coordinating visual, graphical, and copy content published in print and online to present readers with the best finance market stories.
Back to top