Barron’s Ideas Managing Editor
Reports to the Editor in Chief
- This role is responsible for driving an exciting new type of coverage at Barron's. A sophisticated audience of investors of all shape and sizes demands stories that illuminate the future - of autonomous vehicles, sustainable energy, disruptive businesses from uber to airbnb to amazon and a universe of others we've yet to hear about. Investors are also interested in the big themes affecting markets, the economy and businesses right now -- whether that's public policy, changing patterns in the workplace, innovative types of investments or the growth of new markets. The Barron's Ideas Managing Editor will be passionate about all of this and more.
- This type of coverage will take a range of forms, from short online posts to longer term projects and immersive storytelling experiences.
- The Ideas editor will deploy a variety of tools to reach new audiences - newsletters, video, podcasts and live events will all play a role.
- This role suits an editor of great ambition, with experience shaping and motivating a team of reporters to deliver groundbreaking stories.
- He or she will work closely with our visuals and audience teams to ensure storytelling is enthralling and deeply informative.
- He or she will edit for intellectual rigor and factual accuracy.
- He or she will have experience telling thematic stories and editing and managing a small team.
Dow Jones is a global provider of news and business information, delivering content to consumers and organizations around the world across multiple formats, including print, digital, mobile and live events. Dow Jones has produced unrivaled quality content for more than 125 years and today has one of the world's largest news gathering operations globally. It produces leading publications and products including the flagship Wall Street Journal, America's largest newspaper by paid circulation; Factiva, Barron's, MarketWatch, Financial News, DJX, Dow Jones Risk & Compliance, Dow Jones Newswires, and Dow Jones VentureSource.Dow Jones is a division of News Corp (NASDAQ: NWS, NWSA; ASX: NWS, NWSLV).
Equal Opportunity Employer:
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status. EEO/AA/M/F/Disabled/Vets
Requisition ID 2017-30340
Job Locations USA-NY-NEW YORK
Job Function ..
Business Area BARRON'S
Job Area1 News
Job Area2 ..
Meet Some of Dow Jones's Employees
News Editor, WSJ
Geoff manages the Money Investing Section of the WSJ, coordinating visual, graphical, and copy content published in print and online to present readers with the best finance market stories.
Back to top