Barron's Comment Managing Editor
Reports to the Editor in Chief
- This is a crucial role in the future of Barron's. Our commentary will be frequent and compelling. It will provocative and insightful. It will take many forms, from brief intraday snaps to longer form projects.
- The Comment Managing Editor manage a team of columnists, challenging their views and editing their copy for factual accuracy and intellectual rigor.
- He or she will be a fine wordsmith, passionate about strong headlines, ledes and carefully crafted arguments.
- He or she will ensure Barron's Commentary engages with broad audiences across wide scope of topics including the markets, economics, business, finance and policy.
- He or she will work across a range of formats including email newsletters, webcasts, video, podcasts, live events and the written word.
- The comment editor will also seek external views for publication, and will be comfortable working with high profile opinion leaders.
- He or she will work closely with columnists, the visuals team and production team to schedule and produce agenda-setting storytelling.
- Experience writing and/or editing columns is a must. Experience of managing small teams is also preferable.
Dow Jones , Making Careers Newsworthy
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status. EEO/AA/M/F/Disabled/Vets .
Dow Jones is committed to providing reasonable accommodation for qualified individuals with disabilities, in our job application and/or interview process. If you need assistance or accommodation in completing your application, due to a disability, please reach out to us via email . Please put "Reasonable Accommodation" in the subject line.
Business Area: BARRON'S
Dow Jones is a global provider of news and business information, delivering content to consumers and organizations around the world across multiple formats, including print, digital, mobile and live events. Dow Jones has produced unrivaled quality content for more than 125 years and today has one of the world's largest news gathering operations globally. It produces leading publications and products including the flagship Wall Street Journal, America's largest newspaper by paid circulation; Factiva, Barron's, MarketWatch, Financial News, DJX, Dow Jones Risk & Compliance, Dow Jones Newswires, and Dow Jones VentureSource.Dow Jones is a division of News Corp (NASDAQ: NWS, NWSA; ASX: NWS, NWSLV).
If you require assistance in completing the online application, please contact the Talent Management team for Application Help at TalentResourceTeam@dowjones.com
Meet Some of Dow Jones's Employees
Product Team Head, The Wall Street Journal
Katharina supervises digital products for The Wall Street Journal. She leads a team of product managers, and together, they set goals and roadmaps for projects to improve the company’s apps, website, and off-platform experiences.
Back to top