Barron's Comment Managing Editor
Reports to the Editor in Chief
- This is a crucial role in the future of Barron's. Our commentary will be frequent and compelling. It will provocative and insightful. It will take many forms, from brief intraday snaps to longer form projects.
- The Comment Managing Editor manage a team of columnists, challenging their views and editing their copy for factual accuracy and intellectual rigor.
- He or she will be a fine wordsmith, passionate about strong headlines, ledes and carefully crafted arguments.
- He or she will ensure Barron's Commentary engages with broad audiences across wide scope of topics including the markets, economics, business, finance and policy.
- He or she will work across a range of formats including email newsletters, webcasts, video, podcasts, live events and the written word.
- The comment editor will also seek external views for publication, and will be comfortable working with high profile opinion leaders.
- He or she will work closely with columnists, the visuals team and production team to schedule and produce agenda-setting storytelling.
- Experience writing and/or editing columns is a must. Experience of managing small teams is also preferable.
Dow Jones is a global provider of news and business information, delivering content to consumers and organizations around the world across multiple formats, including print, digital, mobile and live events. Dow Jones has produced unrivaled quality content for more than 125 years and today has one of the world's largest news gathering operations globally. It produces leading publications and products including the flagship Wall Street Journal, America's largest newspaper by paid circulation; Factiva, Barron's, MarketWatch, Financial News, DJX, Dow Jones Risk & Compliance, Dow Jones Newswires, and Dow Jones VentureSource.Dow Jones is a division of News Corp (NASDAQ: NWS, NWSA; ASX: NWS, NWSLV).
Equal Opportunity Employer:
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status. EEO/AA/M/F/Disabled/Vets
Requisition ID 2017-30342
Job Locations USA-NY-NEW YORK
Job Function News/Editorial
Business Area BARRON'S
Job Area1 News
Job Area2 ..
Meet Some of Dow Jones's Employees
News Editor, WSJ
Geoff manages the Money Investing Section of the WSJ, coordinating visual, graphical, and copy content published in print and online to present readers with the best finance market stories.
Back to top