Barron's Audience Managing Editor
Reports to the Editor in Chief
- This role suits an energetic editor who is committed to ensuring Barron's is at the forefront of the digital news media for reporting and analysis of investing and finance.
- The Audience Managing Editor will manage a team of editors responsible for managing the Barrons.com homepage, editing and sending email newsletters, managing social channels, and other aspects of digital distribution.
- He or she will work closely with Barron's editorial colleagues to ensure out storytelling is rich and immersive, fast and provocative, where appropriate,
- This editor will look for and advise on opportunities to tell stories in new and innovative ways that will excite our audience and entice new readers.
- He or she will engage with social media, driving readers to our stories and informing our editors and reporters how to get their great journalism to larger audiences.
- He or she will embrace new technologies and new platforms, keep a keen eye on the competition and engage with analytics to better understand our audience.
- This editor will take responsibility for all areas of newsletter production, including content, headline writing, delivery and data. They will also be passionate about engaging with audience analytics and they will be excited to respond to what we can learn from the data.
- He or she will have experience editing and writing copy. A commitment to factual accuracy is also a must. Familiarity with finance and investing topics is also important.
Dow Jones is a global provider of news and business information, delivering content to consumers and organizations around the world across multiple formats, including print, digital, mobile and live events. Dow Jones has produced unrivaled quality content for more than 125 years and today has one of the world's largest news gathering operations globally. It produces leading publications and products including the flagship Wall Street Journal, America's largest newspaper by paid circulation; Factiva, Barron's, MarketWatch, Financial News, DJX, Dow Jones Risk & Compliance, Dow Jones Newswires, and Dow Jones VentureSource.Dow Jones is a division of News Corp (NASDAQ: NWS, NWSA; ASX: NWS, NWSLV).
Equal Opportunity Employer:
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status. EEO/AA/M/F/Disabled/Vets
Requisition ID 2017-30343
Job Locations USA-NY-NEW YORK
Job Function ..
Business Area BARRON'S
Job Area1 News
Job Area2 ..
Meet Some of Dow Jones's Employees
News Editor, WSJ
Geoff manages the Money Investing Section of the WSJ, coordinating visual, graphical, and copy content published in print and online to present readers with the best finance market stories.
Back to top