Audience Director, Events
We are on a mission to define, develop, and deliver incredible solutions that delight our audiences and enable us and our partner's brands to be smarter. In doing so, we will change how we do business and how the outside world views Dow Jones. We are a unified collective of intelligent thinkers and IP builders, modern makers and agile do-ers — strategically proactive and nimbly reactive in how we work. The Solutions engine is responsible for:
- Across-the-board strategic services - for clients, our businesses and our brands
- Internal consulting & planning support
- External consulting services
- Creation of complex client solutions
- Creative and production operations & services
- DJ Custom Studios - our custom content newsroom
- DJ Event Management - our event management team
The Dow Jones Events Management team will be responsible for:
- All events logistics and execution - for alltypes of events; conferences to brand events to dinners and beyond
- Audience development - outside of C-Suite
- End-to-end ownership of custom event delivery
- Sponsorship activation
The team consists of a group of internal event experts - covering all logistics, management, experience and audience needs. They partner with external suppliers and agencies to execute events and produce on site experiences to the highest degree.
The Audience Director, Event Management will be responsible for leading the Dow Jones Events Audience Development team in shaping an audience growth strategy. This role will be responsible for driving rich and actionableinsights that inform event programming and execution in order to increase reach.
The Audience Development director will strategically partner with the marketing teams to ensure full understanding of the brand, event and desired attendee profile/target audience.
- Establish a holistic Audience Development strategy to drive growth of Dow Jones Events business
- Generate and manage strategic partnerships through a wide range of channels, including media platforms, aligned organizations and individual influencers
- Develop key performance indicators and growth objectives; set team goals and manage day-to-day team performance
- Provide detailed insights on our existing audience/s to optimize retention and reach of our brands through events
- Lead the synthesis of all forms of audience data to create and maintain a single global database of customers and clients, to be used at all Dow Jones events across the globe
- Provide consultative services regarding audience growth to internal and external stakeholders at all levels in order to shape event strategy, programming and execution
- Identify prospects and growth opportunities across existing and new event platforms
- Master audience segmentation and delineate user behavior/profiles in order to develop actionable insights
- Oversee paid traffic efforts and manage budget
- Maintain proficiency and knowledge in latest industry trends, tools, technology, and best practices
Skills & Experience:
- 5-7 years of experience in audience development, preferred experience relating to events
- Experience managing a team, setting goals, and providing feedback
- Experience delivering change and getting results in audience development
- Ability to interface and influence key internal and external stakeholders at all levels
- Ability to define and speak in a brand voice with strong written and verbal skills
- Expertise in acquisition channels of SEO, Social, direct and emails, as well as data analytics tools
- Ability to balance big-picture thinking with strong attention to detail
- Strong analytic and critical thinking skills, ability to interpret data to make decisions
Dow Jones is a global provider of news and business information, delivering content to consumers and organizations around the world across multiple formats, including print, digital, mobile and live events. Dow Jones has produced unrivaled quality content for more than 125 years and today has one of the world's largest news gathering operations globally. It produces leading publications and products including the flagship Wall Street Journal, America's largest newspaper by paid circulation; Factiva, Barron's, MarketWatch, Financial News, DJX, Dow Jones Risk & Compliance, Dow Jones Newswires, and Dow Jones VentureSource.Dow Jones is a division of News Corp (NASDAQ: NWS, NWSA; ASX: NWS, NWSLV).
Equal Opportunity Employer:
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status. EEO/AA/M/F/Disabled/Vets
Requisition ID 2017-29641
Job Locations USA-NY-NEW YORK
Job Function Marketing
Business Area ADVERTISING SALES
Job Area1 Sales
Job Area2 ..
Meet Some of Dow Jones's Employees
News Editor, WSJ
Geoff manages the Money Investing Section of the WSJ, coordinating visual, graphical, and copy content published in print and online to present readers with the best finance market stories.
Back to top