Audience Development Manager, Marketwatch
You will play a key role in the growing audience growth team at Dow Jones, one of the world's leading publishers.
Our work is about driving loyalty, engagement and expansion of our audiences – the lifeblood of our news organization – sitting at the intersection between marketing, editorial, customer insights and product.
Understanding audience behavior is the cornerstone of your work, from which you will derive rich and actionable insights that inform our product, editorial and marketing strategies and direction.
Growth is your north star: whether it be paid, organic or collaborative growth. Experimentation and optimization are your mantras – always interested in trialing out the next big growth tool, emerging distribution platform or growth tactic. And will seize opportunities for turbo charging growth e.g. building viral loops or brand / topic specific influencer networks. You'll also constantly look for efficiencies and big wins: What can we automate? What can we "productize"? How can this work better on mobile? How can we personalize this content experience?
You will ultimately aid our award-winning content travel in a digital world, with a detailed understanding of what content and content formats resonate the most on which platforms. And you'll squeeze the most impact possible out of all five stages of the lean marketing funnel: acquisition, activation, retention, referral and revenue.
We are looking for a balanced skill set, with knowledge of SEO (both technical and strategic), social media strategic skills and data analytical skills. A sensibility towards UX is also a plus. And if you can also code (bonus points), you may just be the unicorn we're looking for.
Role and responsibilities:
- Hands-on execution:
- Providing detailed insights on our existing audience/s to optimize retention and reach of our brands.
- Manage partner relationships to drive audience to our news articles and editorial.
- Experimentation in the form of A/B, multi-variate testing.
- Competitive analysis and reverse engineering other publishers' success.
- Identify growth opportunities across existing and new platforms.
- You will consult on SEO and social strategy.
- Advising product and tech teams on product improvements that will impact user engagement, insight and experience.
- Monitor real time traffic and social data to support editorial efforts
- You will participate in our newly formed Growth Academy, a series of growth lectures focused on all the different growth levers.
- To work with stakeholders and suppliers to share knowledge of audience development best practices, and to clearly communicate priorities.
- To train key operational partners on self-service analytics platforms.
Required skills and experience:
- Adobe Analytics (Omniture) preferred, Google Analytics, Parse.ly/Chartbeat
- Search Console and Bing Webmaster Tools
- Social Media platform analytics (Facebook Insights, LinkedIn and Twitter Analytics)
- Competitive research tools - ComScore, SimilarWeb,
- Google BigQuery/SQL experience
- Charting of Big Data Sets
- Microsoft Office skills (Excel (able to create pivot tables etc.), including Report Builder, charting and analysis of large data sets; PowerPoint / Keynote; Word, etc.)
- DeepCrawl or ScreamingFrog or similar.
- Experience with Social Management tools e.g. Social Flow.
Dow Jones is a global provider of news and business information, delivering content to consumers and organizations around the world across multiple formats, including print, digital, mobile and live events. Dow Jones has produced unrivaled quality content for more than 130 years and today has one of the world's largest newsgathering operations globally. It produces leading publications and products including the flagship Wall Street Journal, America's largest newspaper by paid circulation; Factiva, Barron's, MarketWatch, Financial News, DJX, Dow Jones Risk & Compliance, Dow Jones Newswires, and Dow Jones VentureSource. Dow Jones is a division of News Corp (NASDAQ: NWS, NWSA; ASX: NWS, NWSLV).
Equal Opportunity Employer:
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status. EEO/AA/M/F/Disabled/Vets
Requisition ID 2016-28607
Job Locations USA - NY-NEW YORK
Job Function ..
Business Area ..
Job Area1 Product & Operations
Job Area2 ..
Meet Some of Dow Jones's Employees
News Editor, WSJ
Geoff manages the Money Investing Section of the WSJ, coordinating visual, graphical, and copy content published in print and online to present readers with the best finance market stories.
Back to top