Associate Director, Sales Development
We are currently seeking a tech-savvy and entrepreneurial Associate Director, Sales Development to join our advertising sales organization. Based out of Dow Jones’ headquarters in New York City, the Associate Director will be responsible for collaborating with sales teams nationally to drive revenue from WSJ’s most valuable advertising accounts. How? By developing innovative, idea-led marketing programs and partnerships that leverage all of WSJ’s channels and capabilities: digital, branded content, mobile, print, social, conferences, custom market research, data & APIs, new product development, and more. In addition to proposals and presentations, the Associate Director will also represent the sales development team at internal task forces with other ad sales teams and corporate business units, and oversee junior team members on strategic projects throughout the year.
You’ll be joining a fast-paced team, with an enthusiastic, collaborative culture, that’s fueling the future of The Wall Street Journal’s advertising sales operations. Note: This role is not responsible for post-sale production/project management of custom programs.
Your Core Responsibilities:
- Lead brainstorming sessions with sales and other teams, and hunt for fresh ways to improve the ideation process
- Produce brilliantly articulated and beautifully designed proposals in response to RFPs, as well as show-stopping presentations that persuade clients to partner with WSJ
- Develop new resources and tools to help your team mates and sales partners work smarter and faster
- Keep tabs on trends in the media and tech industries and share your knowledge with teammates; seek out and forge relationships with interesting people, start-ups and institutions to source new ideas that enhance our marketing might
- Serve as sales development ambassador at Dow Jones task forces and strategy sessions focused on creating new products, improving cross-division collaboration, and defining new revenue opportunities for the corporation
Great Candidates Will Be:
- Quick learners who relish the opportunity to dive into uncharted waters and rapidly build new skills and knowledge bases
- Inquisitive and resourceful, with a restless desire to test new ideas, propose solutions, and improve the way we do business
- Fluent in content marketing, media strategy, and using data and analytics to inform marketing recommendations
- Sharp researchers and writers with a natural flair for graphic design and visual storytelling
- Consensus builders who can constructively facilitate conversations with an array of internal and external stakeholders
- Proficient in tools like Powerpoint, Photoshop, Google Apps For Work, Omniture and Adobe Premiere / After Effects
- Experienced strategists who bring 6-10 years of expertise to the table
Dow Jones is a global provider of news and business information, delivering content to consumers and organizations around the world across multiple formats, including print, digital, mobile and live events. Dow Jones has produced unrivaled quality content for more than 125 years and today has one of the world’s largest news gathering operations globally. It produces leading publications and products including the flagship Wall Street Journal, America’s largest newspaper by paid circulation; Factiva, Barron’s, MarketWatch, Financial News, DJX, Dow Jones Risk & Compliance, Dow Jones Newswires, and Dow Jones VentureSource.
Equal Opportunity Employer:
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status. EEO/AA/M/F/Disabled/Vets
Requisition ID 2016-28623
Job Locations USA – NY-NEW YORK
Job Function Marketing
Business Area ADVERTISING SALES
Job Area1 Sales
Job Area2 ..
Back to top