Associate Analytics Director
Dow Jones is a global provider of news and business information, delivering content to consumers and organizations around the world across multiple formats, including print, digital, mobile and live events. Dow Jones has produced unrivaled quality content for more than 125 years and today has one of the world's largest news gathering operations globally. It produces leading publications and products including the flagship Wall Street Journal, America's largest newspaper by paid circulation; Factiva, Barron's, MarketWatch, Financial News, DJX, Dow Jones Risk & Compliance, Dow Jones Newswires, and Dow Jones VentureSource.
The Wall Street Journal is America's largest newspaper by paid circulation with more than 2.2 million customers. In recent years, the Journal has expanded its core content offering to include coverage of the arts, culture, lifestyle, sports, and personal health, building on its heritage as the leading source of business and financial news. Published by Dow Jones, one of the world's largest news gathering operations with nearly 2,000 journalists in more than 80 bureaus, The Wall Street Journal now spans 12 editions in nine languages, engaging readers across newspapers, websites, magazines, social media, and video. The Journal holds 35 Pulitzer Prizes for outstanding journalism.
United by our ambitions, the Dow Jones Customer group will attract and retain customers by creating distinctive experiences and valued relationships for mutual profit. We work across all of the elite Dow Jones brands to appeal to a broad, high-level client base and provide a distinctive experience to each one. In addition, the group's focus is on consistently providing excellent service and developing and nurturing valued, lasting relationships with our customers.
Customer Experience Department
The Customer Experience Department works within the Customer Group supporting our Consumer and PIB businesses to deliver a best-in-class customer experience. The 3 main pillars of customer experience support nearly every facet of Dow Jones globally providing campaign analytics, quality assurance, experience design and much more. They are based out of three main locations (Princeton, NJ; Barcelona, Spain; and Hong Kong).
Customer Data Operations Team
Customer Data Operations handles all inbound acquisition channels (digital and offline); data provisioning for marketing campaigns and advanced analytics; and, outbound customer contacts via email and direct mail for engagement and retention purposes.
Reports to: Director, Consumer Data
- Produce daily, weekly and monthly in-depth reports on campaign performance
- Prepare data for analysis by Circulation Planning and Membership groups by merging data from several source systems into a coherent dataset
- Follow an air-tight quality control process to ensure reporting and analytics accurately reflect circulation and revenue figures
- Document business rules around data and participate in the build out of a new data warehouse for subscriber information
- Produce persistent segmentation across all marketing channels for measurement of subscriber behavior
- Produce operational metrics to measure throughput and to build scale within a growing organization
- Identify opportunities to enhance targeting/segmentation capabilities
- Strong SQL coding experience necessary (5+ years)
- Reporting experience a must
- SAS experience needed (5+ years)
- Quality Assurance orientation a definite must
- Detail Orientation
- Unica Affinium Campaign experience desired (2+ years)
- Email Marketing experience desired
- Publishing industry experience desired
- Strong written and oral communications needed
- Knowledge of subscription marketing needed
Dow Jones is a global provider of news and business information, delivering content to consumers and organizations around the world across multiple formats, including print, digital, mobile and live events. Dow Jones has produced unrivaled quality content for more than 125 years and today has one of the world's largest news gathering operations globally. It produces leading publications and products including the flagship Wall Street Journal, America's largest newspaper by paid circulation; Factiva, Barron's, MarketWatch, Financial News, DJX, Dow Jones Risk & Compliance, Dow Jones Newswires, and Dow Jones VentureSource.Dow Jones is a division of News Corp (NASDAQ: NWS, NWSA; ASX: NWS, NWSLV).
Equal Opportunity Employer:
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status. EEO/AA/M/F/Disabled/Vets
Requisition ID 2017-29297
Job Locations USA-NY-NEW YORK
Job Function Data/Content
Business Area CUSTOMER ENGINE
Job Area1 Customer Experience
Job Area2 ..
Meet Some of Dow Jones's Employees
News Editor, WSJ
Geoff manages the Money Investing Section of the WSJ, coordinating visual, graphical, and copy content published in print and online to present readers with the best finance market stories.
Back to top