Assistant Customer Support Manager
Assistant Customer Support Manager
Where am I based?
United by our ambitions, the Dow Jones Customer group will attract and retain customers by
creating distinctive experiences and valued relationships for mutual profit. We work across all of the elite Dow Jones brands to appeal to a broad, high-level client base and provide a distinctive experience to each one. In addition, the group’s focus is on consistently providing excellent service and developing and nurturing valued, lasting relationships with our customers.
Who is my manager?
Customer Support Manager
What are my accountabilities?
- Support the Customer Support Manager and the Customer Service Managers in the delivery of their day-to-day responsibilities and deputise for them in their absence
- To support the Customer Support Manager in ensuring that the outsource partner is achieving KPIs and SLA
- To deliver staff development plans and provide daily, ongoing support to teams member to provide positive customer experience with each contact
- To work with the Continuous Improvement team to ensure that the internal and external customer services teams are performing to the highest level through monitoring and training
- On-going feedback and coaching to team members in order to achieve the highest possible performance standards within the team in line with the procedure
- Ensure that staff are aware of their KPI targets and support them in delivering these
- To conduct weekly 121s with directs and be proactive at managing staff performance
- To ensure the outsource team is achieving the compliance targets through effective training and briefings
- Deliver KPIs as agreed with management team
- To ensure customer queries via all channels i.e.post, telephone, email, live chat, social media are resolved efficiently and within agreed timeframes.
- To complete and maintain the training schedules as well as highlighting any training and performance trends to your manager
- To report on the performance of the team to management
- To be proactive in identifying and resolving any problems with the first line agents and developing remediation plans
- Work collaboratively with a variety of internal stakeholders, including technology, finance and editorial
- Work with external third parties (along with the Outsourced Contact Centre Manager) to resolve any issues
- Encourage collaboration and gain the trust and support of others, actively engaging with people in other teams and departments to solicit their input and ensure their awareness of key projects/initiatives.
What do you need from me?
- At least two year’s experience as an agent in a busy environment supporting telephone, email and live chat
- Proven leadership skills
- Ability to deal with High level complaints
- Ability to prioritise your own work and the overall tasks of the team
- Excellent written and verbal English communication skills
- The ability to coach and mentor individuals to get the best results
- Experience using MS Word, Excel, Google and Salesforce service cloud an advantage
- Basic technical knowledge of and competence in websites, smartphones and tablets
- Used to working in a target-driven environment
- Looking for a long-term career in customer services management
- Willingness to travel, expectation will be that this role will require regular visits to each contact centre
- Recognition that operational roles of this nature involve some element of weekend oversight, plus unscheduled incident and crisis management.
How do I apply?
If you feel that this exciting and fast paced position matches your skills, experience and motivation then please apply here.
Dow Jones is a global provider of news and business information, delivering content to consumers and organizations around the world across multiple formats, including print, digital, mobile and live events. Dow Jones has produced unrivaled quality content for more than 125 years and today has one of the world’s largest news gathering operations globally. It produces leading publications and products including the flagship Wall Street Journal, America’s largest newspaper by paid circulation; Factiva, Barron’s, MarketWatch, Financial News, DJX, Dow Jones Risk & Compliance, Dow Jones Newswires, and Dow Jones VentureSource.
Equal Opportunity Employer:
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status. EEO/AA/M/F/Disabled/Vets
Requisition ID 2016-28734
Job Locations USA – NJ-PRINCETON
Job Function Customer Service & Support
Business Area CUSTOMER EXPERIENCE
Job Area1 Customer Experience
Job Area2 Customer Experience
Back to top