Art Director, WSJ. Custom Studios
Digital Art Director
WSJ Custom Studios
WSJ. Custom Studios team is looking for a highly talented & motivated digital art director to help lead & inspire our team in the development of cross-platform custom media for internal & external clients. This individual will help drive the creative process from concept to final execution, ensuring the highest level of quality and design thinking at all levels, and will demonstrate a refined sense of composition, type & color, as well as motion, interaction & user experience. This position will report to the Senior Design Director and work collaboratively with a cross-functional team on every assigned project.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Responsible for the visual development of highly engaging custom content within programs across multiple digital platforms and devices
- Working fluently with a project editors, project managers, developers, production artists to generate excellent creative ideas to present back to internal & external clients
- Commissioning talent such as illustrators, photographers, etc. to create custom works for projects
- Managing projects efficiently and working within assigned budgets
- Creating & editing final results for presentation to the client / printer / producer
- Experience at prepping Photoshop/Illustrator files for HTML and Flash production.
- Able to create something out of nothing and set the design direction when none is given.
- The ability to clearly communicate and sell concepts to non-designers – externally and internally.
- Knowledge of the strengths/weaknesses of HTML, CSS, Flash, browsers and platforms.
- Experience with mobile/tablet platforms and applications
- Knowledge of motion design and incorporating motion with interactivity.
- Experience with online media, social networks and digital trends
- Minimum of five years design experience in a competitive, deadline-driven environment, i.e. the ability to work fast.
- An outstanding portfolio and a dynamic personality
- Bachelor’s degree in design/design related field
- Fluent understanding of cross-platform web-publishing and mobile-web browsers
Dow Jones is a global provider of news and business information, delivering content to consumers and organizations around the world across multiple formats, including print, digital, mobile and live events. Dow Jones has produced unrivaled quality content for more than 125 years and today has one of the world’s largest news gathering operations globally. It produces leading publications and products including the flagship Wall Street Journal, America’s largest newspaper by paid circulation; Factiva, Barron’s, MarketWatch, Financial News, DJX, Dow Jones Risk & Compliance, Dow Jones Newswires, and Dow Jones VentureSource.
Equal Opportunity Employer:
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status. EEO/AA/M/F/Disabled/Vets
Requisition ID 2016-27862
Job Locations USA – NY-NEW YORK
Job Function ..
Business Area ADVERTISING SALES
Job Area1 Advertising
Job Area2 ..
Back to top