Art Director, DJ Media Group
Art Director / Product Designer
Dow Jones is looking for an experienced product designer to provide project support within the Digital Design and UX team. In this position you will be collaborating with and working alongside business stakeholders, product managers, and front-end developers to define the user experience of MarketWatch, Barron’s, Financial News, Mansion Global of websites, apps and off-platform products. Ultimately you will be helping shape the future of how we deliver news to our customers.
- Work within the inhouse Design and UX team to define interactive experiences within Dow Jones Media Group and its network of online properties
- Develop and help implement style guides, pattern libraries and reusable design systems
- Rapidly produce designs and innovate within the fast-paced environment, whilst maintaining bigger picture design and brand consistency
- Strong understanding of best-practices as it applies to online content-creation and delivery at industrial size and proportion
- Work closely with design technologists to build prototypes that represent both the visual identity and interaction model required to test and evolve products for user and internal testing
- Work with Information Architects to design, observe, and analyze usability studies
- Work closely with IAs, Design Technologists, and back-end engineers to implement and deliver final products
- Work with the team to continually build an online library of all UI elements following our various product design languages – maintained and centralized.
- Facilitate design communication across a multidisciplinary team throughout each phase of a project
- Work closely with cross-functional staff to deliver against project goals
- 5+ years experience designing user-interfaces for content-rich website and apps
- Familiar with interaction design concepts, practices, and procedures
- Familiar with Information Architecture best practices
- Possess a solid working understanding of user-experience design principles
- Demonstrable understanding of user-experience design, information hierarchy, user-flow, and typography
- Ability to prioritize and manage work, adhering to critical project timelines in a fast-paced environment
- Be a self-starter; able to interact with and influence senior level management
- Ability to develop new approaches to complex design problems and convey these designs in the form of presentations, prototypes, and design specifications
- A self-starter that is able to collaborate actively with others in a cross-functional team
- Expertise in working with mobile optimized and responsive websites
- Expertise in creating features for customization and personalization
- Professional-level knowledge of industry standard Web design software (Sketch, InDesign, Photoshop, Illustrator, Omnigraffle or other wireframe software)
- Knowledge of prototyping software such as InVision, Atomic or similar
- Solid grasp of latest Web and App design principles
Dow Jones is a global provider of news and business information, delivering content to consumers and organizations around the world across multiple formats, including print, digital, mobile and live events. Dow Jones has produced unrivaled quality content for more than 125 years and today has one of the world’s largest news gathering operations globally. It produces leading publications and products including the flagship Wall Street Journal, America’s largest newspaper by paid circulation; Factiva, Barron’s, MarketWatch, Financial News, DJX, Dow Jones Risk & Compliance, Dow Jones Newswires, and Dow Jones VentureSource.
Equal Opportunity Employer:
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status. EEO/AA/M/F/Disabled/Vets
Requisition ID 2016-28936
Job Locations USA – NY-NEW YORK
Job Function ..
Business Area ..
Job Area1 Creative
Job Area2 ..
Back to top